New version of EFC theme - not to be used

Bring back Stodgewood, I say.

9 Likes

I just made a kickass version of our song on Smule’s AutoRap App.
I believe it may just move us into the future.

How can I share this masterpiece (which took me 2 mins) with my fellow Blitzers ?

My dad had a recording of We’re called the Bombers, we used to listen to it as kids. Loved it!

YOUNG, DUMB NO FINALS WINS.

1 Like

I was hoping someone would post that - I couldn’t find the link while traveling.

That’s the Essendon song for me, if they could adapt it for lyrics that are era-neutral.

I’m as anti-AFL as anyone.
But I think people are overreacting on this one.

When I heard about them re-doing the songs, I was outraged. After I listened to it, I really couldn’t tell much difference other than it wasn’t crackling.

I agree that the AFL are slowly trying to disregard the past 150 years of history, and trying to create 18 clubs who are all exactly the same, except wear different colours on the ground.

But this isn’t that.

8 Likes

Stuff the “new” version.
I nominate “Bomber” by Motorhead as official club theme song.
Lemmy lives!

3 Likes

No, he’s definitely dead.

1 Like

I’d be apoplectic if I were a Geelong fan! Terrible!!! Why!?!

1 Like

If this club takes the new song we need to go full Leeds United fans when the club tried to change the logo

2 Likes

Not many things annoy me (jumper, numbers, website etc etc) but this really p1sses me off. I love the song. I love the history, I love all the little ticks in it, I think it’s a brilliant and unique tradition. The new version sounds like a cheap imitation. It’s hollow and soulless.

The club should 1000% not use it and if they do I will be writing them my first ever angry email.

9 Likes

The act itself is annoying enough (patently a cost-saving measure by the AwFuL with fark-all consideration given to what fans think or want).

What really sh1ts me off is the bullsh1t reason they’ve trotted out for it. And make no mistake, it is complete and utter bullsh1t!!! Whenever they hold a sudden presser to clarify something/anything you can bet your ar$e that every word that follows is rolled-gold, top drawer spin and propaganda…

7 Likes

Absolutely. Isn’t the reason given that the original recordings are ‘deteriorating’? Like they’re ancient parchments from an Indiana Jones movie or something? It’s unbelievable

2 Likes

I know that they are addressing the population at large, and also that a large portion of the population are morons, but fark me don’t take us all for fools. Importance of digitization, deterioration of originals. Fark off. Just fark right off…

1 Like

I just listened to Port’s song and the singer sounds nothing like Michael Hutchence.

6 Likes

Do we know whether or not the AFL have approved our new 2018 game plan yet? It’ll be tough on the players if gil tells us we have to play different.

2 Likes

We’ll do what the AFL tells us to do.

2 Likes

I think if they hadn’t announced they had changed aged anything no one would have noticed.

6 Likes

No.

16 Likes

Post of the Week :rofl:

6 Likes