New version of EFC theme - not to be used

I was waiting for someone to do this. Well played sir

2 Likes

danced around to that when I was a little kid. Gold 7 incher!

It’s funny, isn’t it?
The 90’s feel like they have just gone by. By in my mind, they looked nothing at all like that…

Upload it to Soundcloud, Audioboom, or similar. Or save it to a file-sharing site, like Dropbox.

1 Like

They are slowly fraying at the edges, man. Yellowing. Curling up and crackling. Let’s lay them to rest, and bring out shiny new copies, c’mon.

1 Like

Trav has handled this so well, will probably get a promotion, just like his brother did for his performance with AFL Tasmania.

2 Likes

Looks like the AFL have updated their theme song as well
[]()
https://youtu.be/IvnHgKkNKR4

We’ve updated it again…

1 Like

Maybe it was going to cost more to remaster the originals? Would they need the tapes from the original recording sessions to do so?

Everyone hates Fat Ed but atleast he has some cojones

5 Likes

WCE song has not been changed. Just like in politics, you don’t read widely enough.

Ditch the banjo. Needs a piano accordion.

I suggest you go back and re-read

Wasn’t THAT much of a change.

All I can hope, is that this means they can play it fricken louder.

Plus the air raid siren, get that pumping.

The old recording is simply worn out by now. Frank Traynor and Smacka FitzGibbon died some years back.

That said, I don’t understand why the Club couldn’t provide a clean version of the new recording on the website. Listening to it, I counted no less than 12 glitches. It’s a very simple editing job to take the glitches out — I could do it in under two minutes.

Sloppy and lazy.

1 Like

Did we always have the country banjo solo at the start?

Sounds dirty.
And not suitable for family audiences.

There was always a banjo in the mix, but not so prominently featured. I think it was a tenor banjo, too. The new one’s a G banjo. It’s… folksy… If that’s what turns you on…

9:01 tomorrow morning I expect a club press release saying they are sticking with the original version. Or if you don’t want to be that provocative, just a quiet definitive statement indicating that the club is sticking with the original song at games for this season and into the future.

The fans have spoken @Catherine_Lio - what’s the deal? I would hope the club does the right thing and listens to what its fans want.

3 Likes

You’ll get your original song with your bomber magazine…

2 Likes