New Years Resolution

Damn, that’s almost in elite territory, isn’t it? Sorry to hear about your knees.

Not sure about elite, but yes I was fit and could run. My knees are bad, so rather than make them worse, I stopped running. Probably need a knee replacement in a few years!

Less nuggs

Awesome, I’m working on breaking the 1 hour barrier for 10k

( I’m old, broken down & fat )

1 Like

Shift priorities away from work a bit, and a bit more to things I enjoy.

Finding a work/life balance is no trivial task!

3 Likes

Meh, I have dinner Al Fresco every night, feels great.

I’m going to try to not swear as much watching our games.

4 Likes

Find the 2hr a day that I got back through WFH, and put that into getting fit. Which probably means less sleep ins.

And not give a fark about AFL. The game is broken, so just avoid it, sadly.

1 Like

:rofl::crazy_face::rofl:

That is so unrealistic for me, I’m setting myself up for failure if I attempted that.

2 Likes

Covid broke me from a work perspective. To my job - I am just a number, but to my team I am a person. So I will care more for my team and less for the organisation.

Personally, need to care for myself a bit more. Eat better etc

8 Likes

We all need to do this. Making yourself better makes you a much better person to be around.

2 Likes

I’m pretty skinny but hopeless at anything athletic. I keep fit by running, walking and pounding the elliptical trainer. I used to do 10 km fairly consistently in a little under an hour, but now I’m also old and beating 70 minutes is about the best I can hope for.

1 Like

I think I’ll go for something like this. I’ll try to be a bit more glass-half-full than I have been. Unfortunately we’ve had a lot to be negative about for a very long time. I think we now have a good president. I’m just hoping we also have a good coach.

1 Like

Joe Biden?

Are you going to resolve to barrack for one team in 2021?

Williamstown seem like a good team.

1 Like

Thanks mate! I was similar - prior to this year, it had been a long time since I’d run that far but decided at the start of the year to have a crack at a 50 min 10km. Got down to about 53 mins before winter hit (I’m in the northern US) and work got busy so never quite made it in the end. Hoping to keep pushing that time down through next year.

2 Likes

Only one team? I’m looking to expand to three, possibly four in 2021.

3 Likes

If you barrack for Essendon and Sydney and both are ■■■■, can you add FC, Pies and Richmond to your collection and make them ■■■■ too?

5 Likes

Ha! I’ve become the AFL Cooler.

1 Like