Next Skipper

I’ll qualify this by saying that I’ve got some serious man love for Jobe. I hope my kids grow up with the same qualities! He is a textbook sporting gentleman.
That said, if ever a man deserved a breather then Jobe does.
Right now.
So if arguably the best captain we have had since Sir ■■■■ decided he needed some fresh air then who would be his replacement?
The club is obviously leaning towards Dyson, and I can understand why. But personally I think Hurley might edge him out.
What do others think?
Why?
There is no Hocking option.

Came here assuming someone had renamed the Heppell thread.

Dyson all the way.

There is no doubt its between Hurley and Heppell.

I favour Hurley as captain, but i think Hep will be captain with Hurls as his vice

Hooker

Tippa.

Tippa

I think I won but only a nano second in it.

I’d be giving it to Stanton for 12 months before we commit to Heppell.

Carlisle! I’ll get me coat…

I know it’s a two horse race,but I reckon bags and hooker are heart and soul types who would do a great job

Remember when Hep grabbed Goddard by the scruff against Port and told him to pull his head in and focus? He is the only guy in the team who could have done that. In the mould of TD, Hep will captain our club. Probably from next year.

His doingit now

True. I meant not just as a match day stand in. Jobe is still our captain.

It probably out of Stanton, Goddard, Hocking, Myers, Heppell, Hurley, Hooker.

Remember when Hep grabbed Goddard by the scruff against Port and told him to pull his head in and focus? He is the only guy in the team who could have done that. In the mould of TD, Hep will captain our club. Probably from next year.

His doingit now

Thread needs more TIPPA.

Everything is better with more TIPPA.

I happen to like Hurley, but I’d be happy with Heppell.

Our next captains name will start with an h,so that doesn’t rule out hardingham

Seriously,our list has some issues but finding an inspirational leader is not one of them.

At the risk of bagging Zaka in multiple threads, I laugh when his name gets brought up in these discussions.

Anyway when Hep kicked his (2nd?) goal the whole team got around him. He’s so clearly next in line.

People have been saying it for years. I have never once thought it was a remote possibility, personally. To me he barely seems a leader (and this is unrelated to form) though I am commenting as an outsider.