Nfl 2015/16

SUPERB OWL

The Manning love fest ■■■■■ me to tears, did nothing this game, yet the accolades are coming thick and fast. QB's are so overrated in this sport.

Wow so much passion for something so unimportant.

For a sport I’ve been following for over 30 years, it’s not unimportant to me. Sorry if it had affected you though.

Cam did nothing, Manning did nothing, the Denver D was awesome. I said QB's are so overrated but they sing the praises of Manning, get ■■■■■■.

They aren’t singing his praises for this game though, they are singing his praises for what he has achieved over his whole career, given just about everyone thinks this is his final game in the NFL.

He deserves to have his praises sung as well for what he has achieved in his career. He knows he had very little to do with winning this game or even getting his team to the Superbowl but he has had an amazing career and is afuture Hall of Famer.

Commentators/ Reporters that I heard were still mentioning how ‘influential’ Manning was in this game, which is a crock, he wasn’t. The Denver D was fantastic, so comment on that, don’t make up ■■■■ to make Manning the hero. I’ll say it one more time so everyone can understand, QB’s are overrated, always have been, always will be.

Underwhelming game, but I’m drunk off my ■■■■ so who the hell cares.

I did win $50 fro predicting Miller to be MVP though.

For a sport I've been following for over 30 years, it's not unimportant to me. Sorry if it had affected you though.

Ignore IT. Know all fk all.

Underwhelming game, but I'm drunk off my ■■■■ so who the hell cares.

I did win $50 fro predicting Miller to be MVP though.

What odds? - I had him at 34’s.

Forget my last post.
I’m ■■■■■■ as a fart.
We both got good coin though.

For a sport I've been following for over 30 years, it's not unimportant to me. Sorry if it had affected you though.

lol coming from an ignorant fool

I have been following it for almost as long and I disagree, QB’s play an incredibly important role and control most games. Are they always the best players? No they are not, however you are writing in such a way as to assume they do not deserve the praise they receive. I think they do.

However as to Manning, when asked how he wanted to be remembered he said he hoped he was known as a team man, the team came first. That is how most players have called him. He doesn’t seek the praise as the number 1 player but instead as merely one of the players in a team that is successful. He did that today, he was not great but he played his role and allowed the defense to play theirs.

lol coming from an ignorant fool

Yeah nah, swing & a miss, … I’d say that is the last thing I could be categorised as.

But if I were, far better that than an arrogant tool.

lol loser

Meanwhile Cam Newton lost a few people today with his post-match conference. Sore loser time from him. He needs to learn how to face up to this after losing such a big game. Many have gone before him and have done a far better job.

So, the Super Bowl, hey?!

That’s your opinion, I’ve got mine and I disagree with you. But the way you come across IT, you’re always right and everyone else is always wrong. Did I say that QB’s don’t play an important role? No, I didn’t, I said they were overrated in a team sport, I think they get too much accolades and sometimes they get too much of the blame. All I’m saying is that Manning did nothing in this game and has done nothing much of the year yet some commentators were singing his praises instead of the Denver defence, which won the game, not Manning.

I don’t dislike Manning and I think he is a team first player and a pretty decent bloke but in regard to the praise he received from some for this game, I think is wrong. I also don’t regard him as an all time great, very good, yes, all time great, no, again my opinion. I don’t care who agrees with me or not, but I won’t have go at someone for disagreeing.

That's your opinion, I've got mine and I disagree with you. But the way you come across IT, you're always right and everyone else is always wrong. Did I say that QB's don't play an important role? No, I didn't, I said they were overrated in a team sport, I think they get too much accolades and sometimes they get too much of the blame. All I'm saying is that Manning did nothing in this game and has done nothing much of the year yet some commentators were singing his praises instead of the Denver defence, which won the game, not Manning.

I don’t dislike Manning and I think he is a team first player and a pretty decent bloke but in regard to the praise he received from some for this game, I think is wrong. I also don’t regard him as an all time great, very good, yes, all time great, no, again my opinion. I don’t care who agrees with me or not, but I won’t have go at someone for disagreeing.

Everyone in here writes as though they are right and everyone else is wrong, that is the problem with a board, it is how people interpret what is written and on BB the first assumption is that the person writing does so arrogantly. Your statement is that you are right and you wrote it with a lot of passion to enforce that opinion so should I not take it that way?

Just so you know, I am never right, that is how I am known on here (that and being arrogant and being delusional for being a Christian). You will get used to it or you will spend your life following me around and abusing me like Bloodstain does.

Yeah.
QB’s deserve to be overrated. They have the ball in their hands more than anyone else on the field and while there are so many variables at play (effectiveness of the offensive line, how well the QB times the routes with receivers, etc.) more often than not a team with a QB that is either horribly out of form or just plain old average will rarely win a Super Bowl.
Just look at the last 20 years, the worst Super Bowl winning quarterbacks in that time is Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Flacco. I’ve gone early on Flacco as he is above average, but every other Super Bowl winner would be expected to make the Hall of Fame if they haven’t already made it.

As far as the Peyton Manning lovefest…
It’s not so bad. It was infuriating a few years ago leading up to the Super Bowl with Seattle as it was happening before the game even started. It was all over stats and legacy and that he was better than Joe Montana and the Super Bowl was pretty much his. After this Super Bowl, it hasn’t gone into that similar kind of overdrive. I’m not a Peyton fan as before this season it seemed like he was stat hungry and throwing every time he could. Even Tom Brady did this for a year. I do respect Peyton though. What he was doing for a decade where he’d set the play at the line of scrimmage by more often than not reading the defence better than the opposition actually knew their own defence was amazing. I’m not sure if we’ll see anyone else be able to do that the way Peyton did. I also respect him for completely changing his game (even though it was forced due to his poor form) this year the Denver offence was more balance using the run at least once every down.

As far as whether he was influential in this Super Bowl? He obviously wasn’t his usual self, but I’m sure Brock Osweiler could have done any better under the pressure of the game. Brock may have thrown two or three INT’s and I doubt the running game would have been as effective.

Onto the actual game itself…
It’s the first Super Bowl in a while where I couldn’t care less for the result. I don’t really like either team and of the 30 or so fake Chinese jerseys I own, not one is a Carolina or Denver top. I don’t even own an Elway top, but I’d love to have a Terrell Davis one.
It’s probably the least memorable one for me since Tampa Bay v Oakland.

I was hoping to go to this year’s Super Bowl but things haven’t worked out as well as I’d hoped. I went to the Denver v Seattle one and it was awesome. Great location and well organised week. Have to hope that 2019 is in LA, NY or Chicago (very unlikely). I’m really not feeling the Houston & Minneapolis Super Bowls coming up over the next few year.

Ha ha follow?? Cant fkn avoid you, you’re fkn everywhere … knowing fkn everything.

FFS … what a douche.

Quality posting yet again and still following me. I barely post btw, just a few places like news or cricket/NFL but not much elsewhere (except footy stuff during the season). So yes you could easily avoid me but you choose not to. You could easily ignore me too but instead you always post abuse my way. So yes, you follow me around.

ps this is a forum where people post their thoughts. That might seem foreign to you as an idea but funny enough it is what it was designed for. People to post their thoughts, ideas and opinions. Strange concept and something that stuns me everytime someone posts their opinion.

That's your opinion, I've got mine and I disagree with you. But the way you come across IT, you're always right and everyone else is always wrong. Did I say that QB's don't play an important role? No, I didn't, I said they were overrated in a team sport, I think they get too much accolades and sometimes they get too much of the blame. All I'm saying is that Manning did nothing in this game and has done nothing much of the year yet some commentators were singing his praises instead of the Denver defence, which won the game, not Manning.

I agree with you to an extent.
It comes in all sports and certain players. tis nothing against the players, but the wankers who pump them up no matter what.

I still remember a game when andrew johns was at his peak in the nrl. There was a bit of play that the commentatos raved on about for a good 10 mins after the player.
That bit of play was, him leaving the ball and allowing it to travel past him to someone else, who ran in for a try.
Very little about the guy who actually threw the pass, very little about the guy who caught it, broke a tackle and scored a try. All this praise though for the “mastery” of Andrew johns.

Great career no doubt, but agree he had a stinker today, and he’s up on the podium cos ?
Nothing against him, moreso the priorites of the sport in general.
Then again coming from the AFL viewpoint it’s always been odd to me to see the “owners” get most of the accolades on gameday after a win.
It’s like who really gives a ■■■■ what botox cat lady lookalike has to say, get the people who actually won the damn thing up there celebrating.