Nfl 2016/17

Adam Gotsis goes to Denver...good aussie talent DT

2nd round !!
Lachlan Edwards, Australian punter got drafted by the Jets in the 7th round.
But right after the draft, the Jets also signed Tom Hackett, also Australian!

Great to have moved back to San Francisco after 3 yrs in enemy territory in Seattle. Can start not-hating numericals like ā€œ12ā€ etc :slight_smile:

In the biggest non-surprise, Hayne quits the 49ers to play 7s for Fiji.
I reckon he was going to be cut anyway.

In the biggest non-surprise, Hayne quits the 49ers to play 7s for Fiji. I reckon he was going to be cut anyway.

Of course he was. Funny though there are some attacking him for giving up. He saw the writing on the wall and decided to get out once a strong offer was made by Fiji.

Welcome to Essendon - Jarryd Hayne

Sidenote ā€¦ ā– ā– ā– ā–  Ings says Hayne is not eligible to compete in Rio anyway as he hasnā€™t had 6 months in a WADA-complaint sport

Gold.

Parramatta wonā€™t be able to afford him back either.

Wonder what his next life long dream will be?

Sidenote ā€¦ ā– ā– ā– ā–  Ings says Hayne is not eligible to compete in Rio anyway as he hasnā€™t had 6 months in a WADA-complaint sport

Is that serious?

Wonder what his next life long dream will be?
To be fair you've only got a few years where the opportunity to do something is available. I admire him for having a go at it and succeeding to some degree. Good luck to him.

Is that serious?

Apparently yes.

Former ASADA boss Richard Ings tweeted that the NFL is not a WADA compliant sport, meaning Hayne would not qualify under the drug testing regulations.

ā€œSlight problem mate. World Rugby require you to be in their registered testing pool 6 months to be eligible to play,ā€ he tweeted.

The NFL is not a signatory to the WADA code, and as a result, Ings suggests that Hayne would not have passed the necessary testing within six months of competing at a WADA event, such as the Olympics.

Ings called the NFL performance-enhancing ā€œbadlandsā€, saying Hayne had ā€œno chanceā€ of representing Fiji in the rugby sevens in Rio.

Ings was ASADAā€™s inaugural chief exectuive and chairman when it replaced the Australian Sports Drug Agency in 2006. He was replaced in 2010 after tensions arose within the organisation as a result of his dual roles. He originally made headlines as 22-year old tennis umpire who drew the wrath of John McEnroe during a US Open match against Slobodan Zivojinovicn in 1987.

Hayne has not responded to Ingsā€™ claims.

Yes it is serious and one of the most stupid things ever. Wada should have no say in this and it should not be a rule. If they have taken PEDS then test them as soon as the join the new team and it will show up and you can ban their ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  but you should not be able to ban them simply because they havenā€™t been tested before.

Too much power for this ridiculous organisation.

ā– ā– ā– ā–  Ings finds a way to be relevant. Heā€™ll milk this for a week or two more.

Does Dings have a job because he seemingly has a lot of time to spare on commentary and opinion-farming.

Shouldnā€™t the dude be playing for Australia anyway?

I heard a news segment about this on ABC. They didnā€™t explain the 6 months regulation. I just took it as, ā€œheā€™s been playing in a sport which isnā€™t WADA registered, which is assumed heā€™s been taking banned substances.ā€

Is the NBA a WADA compliant sport?
I thought both NFL and NBA told WADA to ā– ā– ā– ā–  off.

How does the Dream Team get to play if NBA isnā€™t WADA compliant?

Is the NBA a WADA compliant sport? I thought both NFL and NBA told WADA to ā– ā– ā– ā–  off.

How does the Dream Team get to play if NBA isnā€™t WADA compliant?

Google says that the NBA has an agreement with WADA that those players listed by USA Basketball for upcoming FIBA competitions be tested in the 6 months before the competition

The media really are strange creatures.

When Hayne was an ā€œAussieā€ seeking to make it big in the NFL he could do no wrong and they wrote fluff piece after fluff piece about the guy and kept spruiking him. Now that he has headed to Fiji they have turned on him like a pack of feral dogs and have started writing piece after piece trying to destroy his credibility.

It is amusing and pathetic to watch.

About 10 weeks till Pre Seasonā€¦come on!