Nfl 2016/17

Jets cut Revis in no surprise.
Brandon Marshall also departs in an amicable separation.
Rumors are that Cutler is on his way to play for the Jets as well…

Patriots better be signing Hightower in the next few days.

We still have Butler, Sheard, Blount, Branch, Bennett (likely gone) etc all to re-sign still.

Texans trade Osweiler & 2018 2nd round pick to the Browns for a 4th round pick in return.
Osweiler will be waived so essentially they payed $16M (the remainder of his salary) for a 2nd round pick.
Bears pick up Glennon from Tampa as their new starting QB.
Romo will be traded today or tomorrow - either the Broncos or Texans I guess.

Scot McCloughan fired, DJax and Garcon out the door and Cousins looking like he’ll follow, too.

After flirting with decency the past 2 season my Redskins look like they’ll slide back into being terrible.

FMD.

Patriots let Ryan walk and are signing Stephen Gilmore to replace him = WIN.

We keep Branch on a two year deal.

Now trying to hash out a deal with Hightower and the rest of our guys out of contract.

In other news:

Brandon Marshall to the Giants for two years.

Calais Campbell and Bouye to Jacksonville (they are looking good).

DeSean Jackson to Tampa (Him and Mike Evans… Damn…)

Alston Jeffrey to Philli.

The Bears have totally thrown in the towel and the Browns are showing some real signs of staying where they are right now for another 10 years.

Romo to the Texans looking possible after dumping Brock onto the Browns.

Can’t wait to see what else happens tomorrow.

Woohoo…49ners have massively upgraded their QB situation…ha just joking.

Hoyer and Barkley, because you know the Bears were the epitome of good QB play last season.

Reckon Shanahan might be playing a long game with Kirk Cousins after Washington tagged him and looking to pick him up next year instead? Guess the draft might some kind of a guide on that, particulary if they use pick 2 on a QB.

The Osweiler trade was interesting. At this stage it seems the Texans have given Cleveland a 2nd round pick to take on Osweiler’s $16 million wage for next year…although there is talk that the Browns will try and flip him to get more picks and take some of that $16 million of their books.

1 Like

Thought the latest reports suggested that Cousins is now prepared to sign the tag and stay in Washington another season. I mean he has about 23.4 million reasons to do that. He has another season like 2016/2017 next season and he will get the massive multi year deal he is looking for, either from Washington or from someone else.

Live look at Packer fans during free agency period:

1 Like

A bit like that at the Steelers too. Nothing wrong with that.

And they end up signing Martellus Bennett, which is fine considering they let Cook walk. They better find replacements for Lang and Hyde though.

Patriots have so far:

Lost: Ryan, Sheard and Mingo.

Gained: Gilmore, Crooks, Allen and Guy.

We have also placed a first round tender on Butler and are working on a deal to lock Hightower up long term.

We are looking damn good so far.

Pretty excited to see Cooks going around with TB12

Definitely offers that deep threat we haven’t had since Moss.

Gronk, Edelman, Amendola and Crooks is an awesome offence without even factoring in the likes of Lewis, White, Allen and Hogan.

Loading up on both sides of the ball

Yep The Pats are making me sick now in the off season by dominating.
Wasn’t the playing season enough?

Happy with Denver picking up Leary - Defintely needed to upgrade the offensive line.

Happy with my Niners’ signings so far. We are a few years removed from contention so I hope we don’t trade our no. 2 pick. Will get Cousins next year.

Hightower and Butler visiting with Steelers and Saints respectively.

The off-season would all be for naught if they both left.

Sounds a lot more like posturing to me from both of them and that they are using those teams as leverage in order to get what they want they stay in NE.

Hope I’m right.

Hightower re-signs with Pats for $43.5mil over 4 years with $19mil guaranteed.

Now just Butler to go.

It will be interesting to see if we bring back Blount now we have bought in another RB ain Burkhead from Cinci.

After an 18TD season, you would expect us to atleast offer him something but he doesn’t seem to be getting a lot of interest at the moment.

Even AP is still looking for a home.

Lacy signs a 1 year deal with Seattle.

Will be a good pickup IF (and it’s a big if with him) he can keep his weight down. Beast Mode 2.0.

I dont mind Rex…but Blount is our man!