Nfl 2017/2018

Patriots losing a bit of talent

Reports were that the Lions were interested in Butler. Wouldā€™ve taken a fair bit of fast talking from Patricia to convince him to go there after his Superbowl benching.

Suggestions that Cousins has accepted a 3 year/$84 million contract with the Vikings but wants to visit again before signing.

Now seems that Carlos Hyde will sign with the Browns and in turn the 49ners are going to sign Jerick McKinnon from the Vikings to replace him.

1 Like

Have to be honest, I know next to nothing about McKinnon and the $30m price tag appears steep. That said, I trust Shanahanā€™s instincts in finding the right fits for his schemes as he did in Atlanta.

Now we just need to keep adding protection for Jimmy G.

Jets move up to pick 3 in the draft, sending pick 6, 2 2018 2nd Round picks and a 2019 2nd round pick too to the Colts. So essentially used 3 2nd Round picks to move up 3 spots. One would assume they must think they can find a franchise QB at pick 3, because that is a lot of draft capital to give up, and it not like QB is the only missing piece for them at the moment.

Suh to the Rams, 1 year deal. Thereā€™s going to be body bags in the NFC West with that defensive unit theyā€™ve put together!
Giants make Odell Beckham available for trade at the right price.

Rams loading up. Cooks to Rams for pick 23 plus couple late round picks swapped

1 Like

Think we are going full rebuild now.

We donā€™t seem to be having any pull with big names at all this year.

Profootball Talk journo had a sook today, because some random posted a story on twitter about the Pats offloading Gronk via trade in the coming weeks.

Turned out to be a April Fools joke but this guy ran with it without doing any due deliegence and then got ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  when it was revealed he had run with a bullshit story on the basis of a bogus tweet.

Just made me think that Sports journos the world over are pretty similarā€¦I mean this clown would certainly fit in with AFL journos.

Couldnā€™t get Cooks to agree to a long term deal, might as well trade him now, than lose him for nothing as a free agent next year.

Wonder when we will start seeing this happen in the AFL, probably not until the AFL does away with these FA compo picks.

Malcolm Mitchell and Edelman back. I donā€™t think we are to far away on O.

These picks should help the D hopefully. Need DE and CB

The Jimmy G Effect (or is it Affect)ā€¦49ners have 5 prime time games next season.

Before they traded for Jimmy G last year the chance of them having any prime time games would have been slim to none surely.

1 Like

Effect!

Affect can only be a verb. Effect can be a noun or a verb.

Eagles v Falcons Kickoff game. Should be a good matchā€¦Falcons need to get back to what they were.

Pats have Texans first game 3amā€¦ripper

1 Like

Draft Day 1!

RIP Baker Mayfields Career

3 Likes

Surely, surely, surely the Browns have to eventually pick a QB who at least turns out semi decent.

Mayfield is an excellent pick up imo. The issue isnā€™t the drafting with them, itā€™s their inability to develop players.

As good as Mayfield is on the field this stinks of Manziel part 2ā€¦the bloke will need to pull his head in.

Why they didnā€™t get Chubb thouā€¦would have been one hell of a Defensive line

1 Like