NFL 2020/21

Loving Cam Newton!

1 Like

Watched McCarthy stupidly go for a fourth down when a FG ties the game and thought “yep… that’s not our problem anymore”, lol.

Sorry Dallas… you’re gonna have to get used to that.

1 Like

Hard to judge teams after crappy preseason, but always good to start with a win. Chargers lucky to get a win and will get smashed by Chiefs next week. Taylor has to be better, or give the kid Herbert games to see to what he’s got. Not good aiming at average, which is what Taylor looks to be at QB.
Burrow show some poise and threw some good shots.

New uniform thoughts:

Chargers: A+
Browns: A
Bucs: A
Patriots: B-
Rams: D
Falcons: F

Rams?

They are pathetic.

Talk about a team that buys into it own hype.

Up 17 to nothing and still lose.

Oregon is my favourite college team so I’ve watched plenty of Herbert’s games over the last couple of years. Has a very good arm and actually runs the ball pretty well (although it wasn’t really a strong factor in the Ducks playing style). He does make some bad decisions from time to time under pressure, but give him a year or two to develop in the NFL system and he’ll be a very good QB. He’s very tall and athletic as well, so it will be interesting to see how much he bulks up in the next few years. I’ll be keen to see how he develops in comparison to Tua and Burrow from the same draft.

Burrow was very good for a first-gamer, but he missed a soda over-the-top TD pass that he’ll be kicking himself over. The field goal attempt to win the game that went wide was horrific.

1 Like

I like the helmet but the rest is hot garbage.

1 Like

Agreed

Enjoying watching Browns and Bengals go at it. Mayfield seems fired up. Burrow looks good, but making rookie mistakes. Got to stop holding the ball when tackled. He can’t break tackles like he could back at college.

2 Likes

Tight finish coming up, after Mayfield threw a silly interception which the Bengals, eventually, took advantage of for a TD.

TD by Kareem Hunt for Browns makes it 35-23 with 3.55 on the clock.

1 Like

Cinci’s O-line is terrible. Remarkable that Burrows did as well as he did. They need to give him some protection otherwise his career will be very short.
His presence in the pocket was very much like a younger Ben Roethlisberger.
Cinci’s run defense was terrible. Teams are going to run all day against them.

Funny when he called for a Time out but the centre snapped it

Niners devastated by injury. Kittle, Ford, and Sherman our before the game. Jimmy G, Mostert, Bosa, Thomas all out during the game.

Insane.

Nice opening drive by Herbert! Quite a a surprise to see him starting. Might have something here. Go Bolts!!

Bosa out for the year - torn ACL.
Jimmy G out for a few weeks - high ankle sprain.
Waiting on Thomas - likely ACL but hopefully a strain not a tear.
Mostert out for a few weeks - strained MCL

Devastating though we won 31-14. Wow. That might be a season-killing game.

2 Likes

holy sht. that’s brutal

GO PACK GO

Two weeks, two monster scores. They’re such a good team to follow when they’re on.

However I can’t say I’m looking forward to NO next week. Facing a good defense, ugh.