NFL 2023/24

Pats special teams didn’t have a great night.
They also gave up that 97 yard kick return TD.
It’s the kind of thing that gets Special Teams coordinators fired.

1 Like

Browns beat Brady

Jags beat the Ravens, gutsy call going for 2 after a nice 2 minute drive to put them 27-26 down.
Ravens use the 14 seconds to get to extreme FG range, but the 67 yarder falls short.

Very gutsy but it paid off big time.

1 Like

Herbert has gone backwards at a fair rate of knots this year.

SPot on mate,…

1 Like

Got the win in the end.

And the Dolphins are 8-3.

Season is weird lol

1 Like

Raiders in OT

1 Like

I haven’t been able to see any of the game. Did he improve later in the game? I think it’s been a combination of teams doing more homework on him, and not having a strong offense around him. The offensive gameplan has been pretty uninspiring this year, but I wonder how much is to cover that he’s still nursing sore ribs. Let’s hope that the next few weeks sees a full return to form for Allen and Williams. I reckon Herbert will look better when they’re back and firing (It would be nice to have a full-strength O-line to protect him for a change too).

1 Like

Ready for next week?!?!? It’s going to be epic.

1 Like

I think the sore ribs excuse can be moved on from, but yeh I dunno it seems to be a combo of weird play calls and off throws. I dont know how a 6 foot 6 bloke can have so many passes tipped, seems to happen a lot this year.

In saying that, the final drive and 2pt extra was pretty exquisite.

1 Like

That was some ending. Carr pretty emotional too.

1 Like

I seem to remember a stat from a week ago that had him as the 2nd most tipped QB. It is surprising for such a tall guy, but that may also be part of the answer as to why.

It is a probably a combination of a few things: play calls being poor, he is used to being taller and getting it over the d-line, the d-lines have worked out his throwing lanes and his play calls are not adjusting to that, missing his main go to guys, etc. Mahomes is shorter and he has been forced to learn to throw sidearm, something Herbert doesn’t do, maybe he needs to work on that as an option.

The Chargers O-line has largely been a slapped-together line-up all year, so probably not as effective in preventing opposition interference on throws. I reckon he’s got the talent and IQ to improve and overcome this sort of stuff.

Yeah agreed, think he is very good, still young and learning.

I just hope in 2027 when Chargers still haven’t won a playoff game we’re not saying “Reckon he’s a gun, but still growing and learning the game”.

C’mon mate, we’re Bombers supporters. Self-delusion is what we do best.

1 Like