NHL thread

Haven’t seen the Storm get beaten up like tonight often. Panthers taking out their anger tonight

Flames win in overtime of Game 7 with a gaudreau goal!!

Man, that was intense.

Jake Oettinger almost stole it off us, with the best goal tending you’ll ever see.

Now, for the Battle of Alberta, one of sports greatest rivalries.

The Battle Of Alberta is already delivering in game 1.

Flames score 2 goals in the first minute, got to 3-0, then McDavid scores, then Lucic crunches McDavid.

This is going to be a hell of a series.

Edit: 6-5 at the second break. This is bonkers

9-6 in a playoff game is utter madness

1 Like

Oilers beat the Flames 5-4 in overtime to take the series 4-1. They’ll meet Colorado or St.Louis in the Western Conference final.

McDavid went into God-mode this series, we were never beating that.

It was an entertaining series to watch, but a 4-1 loss is a pretty poor way to bow out after the season we had.

Plus there was a disallowed goal late in the third that was pretty harsh. We should have had that one.

Yeah, that was a massive call in the scheme of things.

Avs win it in 6
Pretty good series and deserved winners

1 Like

Happy for my hometown, even if I’m not really a fan myself.

getting harder and harder for Canadian teams to push deep into the playoffs. Montreal last year was an aberration on the back of phenomenal goaltending, and a team playing out of their skins.
The US clubs can pay the players in USD, and as such remain very attractive destinations for a slew of Canadian talent. So we see that Canadian clubs have won the Cup in 7 of the last 42 years- whereas they had one 33 out of the previous 50 odd.

1 Like

None since 1993.

1 Like

Have lost 6 though so as hard as it is for them they still do make it through from time to time.

I’m a Canucks fan- and we ae 2 of those 6. Painful

94 no one was beating the Rags and an amazing job for you to even make it.
2011 as favourites and the best in the league all season was a big letdown and Tim Thomas stood on his head in goals for the Bruins

Well at least you aren’t Flyers fans.

Two Cups before I was born and six straight cup final losses since. And arguably the worst run franchise in the league right now.

They are arguably the most hated team in the NHL so fans of everyone else would be rather chuffed :rofl:

For things players did nearly 50 years ago. At what point do people get over that ■■■■?

Still one of the dirtiest in the league over the last 10 years :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Well they won’t be a threat to win anything in the next decade, so I wouldn’t worry about it.

It’s a brutal league, the NHL.

Flames have a great season, including 2 x 100+ point scorers.

Then our star player (Gaudreau) just walks for nothing through FA, and now Tkachuck looks set to be traded. (At least we’ll get a return for him this way.)

That’s 219 points out the door in one off-season. Brutal.