#19 Nick Hind

I take it all back.

We made the right choice :grinning:

2 Likes

Well heā€™s got him on smiles but if your basing your pick on someone who can contribute immediately through a flag tilt then I would go Hind.

But would Hind be playing next year? Probably not. The upside on Mozzie is much higher than Hind. Mozzie helps us with long term success (hopefully).

1 Like

weve got too many half backs in front of him. i would think jackets is looking at drafting for the future instead of the now.

1 Like

Spot on. Looking for potentially elite players who need 2-3 years development.

More than Langford??

2 Likes

Hind may turn out to be a good player for St Kilda. But I donā€™t think he was going to be the difference in us becoming premiership contenders.

2 Likes

Just shows how bad St.kildasā€™ list is if Hind is one of thier best already.

I think a few in here are hyping this guy up just a tad too much. There is a reason he is a mature age pickup and late pick. He offers a bit to a team like Aints who are severely lacking in leg speed, not sure he would have offered a lot to us or even had much of a senior level chance, just too many other quality players ahead of him as others have pointed out.

I hope he does well at the Aints though.

2 Likes

So naturally, St Kilda picked him up.

Good player, hope he kills it. However he is the sort of player that we have picked up too often over the last 10 years. If we want to be any good and challenge for the top 4 or top 6, then players like Hind should not be on our list.

FWIW, that isnā€™t quite correct.

There were calls for us to delist Jerrett a year earlier and draft Nick 14 months ago with the last pick in the draft.

Fast forward 12 months and it does mean Nick would be taking someone elseā€™s spot on the list. However that spot could be anyone really. It would have been Jake for me, but others may have chosen to have one less draft pick.

Anyway. Nick has been on supporter radars for more than just 2018. Although as Reboot has pointed out, not necessarily on the EFC radar.

Summary : the Mossie vs Nick thing only looks at last year and not our earlier opportunities to draft him.

4 Likes

very well spoken Sam
Nick should have been drafted last year
He has exquisite pace and would have added to our depth
keeping players on the list for the sake of it raises many questions about our list management indeed

Alternatively they just donā€™t rate him

So keeping Jerrett for 1yr only over taking another player they donā€™t rate for 2yrs is logical.

And then allowed them to pick player like Ham who is already looking a quality selection

1 Like

Iā€™d rather Ham than Hind. I like Hind. I think Ham has a far higher ceiling. Also - they would be competing for the same position - for those wanting comparisons.

3 Likes

I think comparison has to be Long
They both played wing last year in VFL.
a lot of blitz wanted Long gone.
Long is still here, and having a good preseason.
Hope Long makes it

Cant see the similarities with Long unfortunately.

Long was having little impact on games but Hind at times was lighting us up and dragging us over the line.

Heā€™s the type you would want to impact a game.

I reckon that people ā€˜seeā€™ Long as that type of player - basically - he is stereotyped. Personally, I havenā€™t seen him as that quick winger for a few years. Itā€™s not where his talents lie.

3 Likes

Plus it lowers our age profile. With our trading strategy lately we need to develop some young fellas so we donā€™t end up like Hawthorn/Geelong. If weā€™re going to use draft picks for older players iā€™d rather save it for high end talent.

That has to be the silliest conclusion that anyone has reached for a late round draft pick who may or may not make it.