#19 Nick Hind

he can’t kick for ■■■■ though. that one to stewart to win the final was a pure fluke. absolute mongrel off the boot.

1 Like

Long and Jerrett were not kept on the list instead of Nick Hind. Instead of a draft pool that included Hind, yes, but instead of Hind specifically, no.

oh well time will tell whether you are correct
i hope you are

Nick, I’ve never met you, seen you on telly, baby sat your sister or watched terminator with you in a crowded bar.

But I wish all the best for you and hope you run the legs off your opponent till they only see yours going out of sight for all 4 quarters.

1 Like

What, a top four side? Has happened in 18 years, so I wouldn’t worry too much.

You say that like there’s no other factors. Really insightful.

It’s just odd that we wouldn’t want to be like two of the best sides of the modern era.

I’m not talking about Geelong and Hawthorn 5 years ago. I’m talking about them now. When you look at our list you can see the next group of good young players coming through. When you look at theirs it’s not so obvious. Do you not agree with that? So to kind of answer your question, right now, list wise, i wouldn’t want to be like them.

To be fair, Hawthorn’s 2008 team was pretty…pretty young.
I wouldn’t want our list looking like theirs now, without the whole four premierships in less than ten years thing.

Yeah, if we already had 2 recent flags in the bag and were looking like winning 2 more then go ahead and trade away then next decade. My comment wasn’t about their recent success. It was only about the state of their lists right now. I’m sure i’ll be proven wrong but the Hawks look like the have a rough patch coming up.

Hawthorn finished 4th last year. Geelong were two games behind, but had the second best percentage in the comp. We keep writing them off, and they keep giving themselves a chance at success.

That said, I think for the first time in a long time we are better placed than both teams to have a real impact in September.

1 Like

Mate i’m not denying they have talent. But it’s mostly older players. Their young talent is thin and they’re starting to really lack depth. I’m glad Nick Hind isn’t really a thing any more because we’ve totally hijacked his thread haha.

1 Like

On Paper we are a better side than Cats or Hawks.

But lets just wait until we put it on the scoreboard.

IMO once we get going we will be putting some sides to the sword and having some percentage boosters.

Sadly its how we perform versus the bottom sides that will show our improvement, win and win well and we will be playing in september.

1 Like

I think we now have a lot of very hungry and driven players in the team. They want a flag and are going to work their hardest to get it and make sure the others do their bit too. If we’re a genuine contender then we’ll win our share of the games against the top sides and win comfortably our games against the lower sides.

2 Likes

We have the depth now for serious “selection integrity”. If a player only gives 90% one week then they could very well lose their spot the following. I think everybody will be playing like their spot is on the line.

Individually we need to improve, but also collectively as a team.

IT would be good if we were known as hard to play against.
not be known for going missing and letting opposition piling on goals and unable to change momentum.

Shiel, + a fit Daniher, Fantasia, McKernan
Improvement/more games from Parish, Francis, Langford, Mcgrath
A younger leadership group that is driven for onfield success.

anything on top of that I will see as a bonus

• Gleeson coming back and picking up where he left off final against sydney
  • Redman
    -laverde becoming a first 22 player
  • Jok Jok who knows

Even opposition supporters can see we should improve on our output last year (Shiel + Daniher)

The playing group also need to ignore media expectations, as they will be lofty especially when David King predicted us to be a contender last year.

Agree. And i think this already happened from round 9 onward last year don’t you?

yes It has started to happen.
Belting the blues in a meaningless preseason match with our VFL side would help.

I still think there is some mental fragility and even exterior pressure due to the carlton loss.
win well against the bottom sides and put together a consistent effort this season and then we can say it has happened.

Due to our depth there should be no passengers, Worsfold can be ruthless at selection if he chooses to now. And his coaching will be under more scrutiny given perceived greater talent under his disposal.

1 Like

Nick starred in the Sandi VFL game off half back. Looks to be ready to debut. Good luck Nick.

Hind speeds into selection equation

Chris Nice

Apr 15, 2019 2:52PM

An outstanding 41-disposal performance from Nick Hind has thrust the speedy half-back into the mix.

Related

An outstanding 41-disposal performance from Nick Hind has thrust the speedy half-back into the senior selection conversation following an impressive outing against Box Hill in the VFL.

Hind’s dynamic run off half-back and through the middle of the ground was a constant, as too were his penetrating kicks (27), strong marks (nine) and ability to weave through congestion to drive Sandringham forward…

7 Likes

Imagine this guy trying to break into our back 6

1 Like