#19 Nick Hind

Cant kick but if its into Pagans paddock who cares.

2 Likes

Is he a upgrade on Josh Green?

1 Like

No because he is not really a forward.

Great pace but he is a pretty ordinary kick, I reckon youā€™d find Colyer cutting it up at this level.

Look at them Smithers. standing up there on their Hind legs, like a couple of Rory Calhoons

9 Likes

Aside from the speed, in what way?

I wish we saw more of that this year, instead of him spudding it up in the seniors

Yep, he needs the field in front of him.

Except Colyer canā€™t beat his man.

Hind has afterburners that Colyer doesnā€™t

Rubbish, of course you can. Speed is a great addition to other skillsā€¦ but not as of itself. Which is why Bolt has been turned down everywhere but a small team inā€¦ wherever they are.
Hind has skillsā€¦ but maybe not enough for the big time. Which is why he is where he is at the moment.
Having said that, heā€™s come a fair way, and Iā€™d love to see him progress further and shine, wherever that may be. We do not need the speed at the expense of foot skills and hardness at the ball. Not at all.

1 Like

Your kidding right, the one thing Colyer does have is serious afterburners. Thatā€™s about it.

1 Like

He rarely gets past his man though.

I think his pace is overrated

4 Likes

Nah his pace is fine, he just doesnā€™t use it very well. The one thing he would not have done is what Hind did. Even if he did his kick would not have ended up anywhere near Stewart.

Colyer is ok once heā€™s moving but what separates him from guys like Saad, McKenna and Hinds is the ability take off from that first step.

Top end they arenā€™t all that far apart but itā€™s the first few steps that is most useful in footy.

3 Likes

Colyer has lost his pace. He used to have elite speed. No one could catch him.

Now he is just quickish. Without that elite speed, he really is an average footballer.

3 Likes

[[quote=ā€œjonovdp, post:55, topic:14011, full:trueā€]
Colyer has lost his pace. He used to have elite speed. No one could catch him.

Now he is just quickish. Without that elite speed, he really is an average footballer.
[/quote]

His numbers say otherwise.

1 Like

I do believe if Coyler played today he would of looked a class above. Both he and Hind are very similar players, with the same weapon -pace. Once Coyler starts picking up the ball instead of playing basketball he will become damaging again. I think he can do it.
I like Hind also, any player that takes the game on like that is fun to watch.

5 Likes

To my eyesā€¦Hind has good hands, so that despite his slight build, he can still start inside, control the ball cleanly and escape congestion using his pace. Then the pace is elite, but the kicking is obviously the weakness. 2 strengths out of 3.

I think we donā€™t have any depth to our speedy players: they are all playing seniors already.

I think we need Hind, or a speedy player like him, to complement our youngstersā€¦because those future mid options (Mutch, Clarke, perhaps Mynott) all lack breakaway pace in their arsenal. Options like CEY or Ellis would not resolve this imbalance. Whereas Shiel probably makes Hind redundant.

2 Likes

Hind would be a better kick than most of our AFL team, not sure why people keep saying heā€™s an ordinary kick.
Do they record disposal efficiency numbers in VFL ?

2 Likes

Yeah, I donā€™t think Colyer is as bad as some make out but this year he was certainly down on form.

If he can get his best back then he can certainly contribute.

4 Likes