#19 Nick Hind

Want a trip down memory lane that is pace related?

Remember David Spriggs?

1 Like

I was keen on him last year, but Mynott has been good. Pity we couldnā€™t fit both.

1 Like

My sister (Cats supporter) was obsessed with him for a brief period.

Wouldnā€™t be particularly surprising but aside from Jackets being there yesterday, Hawthorn had some scouts there also. Assume wouldā€™ve been similar for a few clubs looking for pace at least?

After Tenace debuted there was an article in the Geelong Addy about how we stuffed up by taking Bradley instead of him. I couldnā€™t wait until that bit them on the ā– ā– ā– .

Still waiting btw.

I think he has improved slightly, particularly in his ā€˜think before I disposeā€™ area, and also in his contested ball.

Unsure on the stats but he seems to be accumulating more ball this year compared to last, might be due to increased midfield time

1 Like

Could have been worse could have got prismall

He kicked a couple of awesome goals in our intra club back in Feb. I donā€™t think heā€™d look out of place at senior level but I think heā€™d be a bit of a flash in the pan who would drift out of games if sides put some work into him.

That said Iā€™d like to see him get his chance

Didnā€™t Kane tenace drop his knees and break Daveyā€™s arm, then fletch got suspended for striking him in the same game. Might of been ramaā€™s Comeback game

Didnā€™t people rate Aaron Heppell 2 years ago?
Wanted him on the rookie listā€¦what makes Hind better than Heppell?

1 Like

People like the sizzle, and forget about the steak.

3 Likes

Heā€™s got something (pace) which could translate to AFL.

A Heppell is a smallish, slowish nugget midfielder, whoā€™s decent overhead. Heā€™s the prototypical ā€œgood VFL playerā€ whoā€™ll probably play 200 and win B&Fs at that level. (see also Ben Jolley or Mitch Hallahan). Doesnā€™t mean heā€™s got anything thatā€™d translate to AFL.

You need something that stands out in seconds - be that beautiful disposal, being able to mark everything, pace, size, etc etc.

2 Likes

Look you could well be right. But on the other hand heā€™s shown consistent ability to get a lot of the ball and do good things with it over a longish period of time, and players like that sometimes slot right into senior football and do exactly the same there. Heā€™s the sort of player rookie spots are there for.

We have a such a shortage of depth in outside run, that Travis Colyer gets regular games.

If we donā€™t pick up Hind, I hope we pick up somebody like him.

3 Likes

Well, no last year. He was injured a lot. And I think he started this year pretty slowly as well.

Its hard for guys like him to get a AFL gig, you really need several really good seasons back to back. And you should recall when Blitz was going on about him it was when he was playing as a small defender.

Yep.

Jerret and Long delisted with Colyer likely gone next year.

Green and Bags nearly gone, who might not be outside run but when they go Tippa and Raz will be forced to play more forward.

Is there any outside players developing. We are allready bare and the depth we do have is about to be jettisoned.

Massive need to grab a couple of players to address this.

And he was a back pocket before that.

We WILL draft him and you ALL will like it

Get this cvnt in the round 1 2019 team NOW

1 Like

Nope.

If his disposal was better Iā€™d be for it.