Nick Raptopoulos - Vote 1 Board Nominee

you say you have the skillset that will allow you to add value to the board but dont specify what those skills are and how theyll add value...

you state how the club should be, and what should change at the club, but offer no insight into how you have the capacity to influence such change

could you offer some details on what you have achieved in your professional life, your skillset and how they will add value to the board and effect change

Hi Alex,

There is only so much I could put in my introduction. For more information, please refer to the voting material you would have received.

That being said, in my various work roles, I have been responsible for:-

• $80million + portfolios
  • manage an 80 strong sales team
  • new market development
  • new product development/launching
  • Mergers & acquisitions (heavily geared towards due diligence & governance)
  • Managing customer service teams
  • develop our brand national
  • grown international markets

I’ve worked for a major international steel organisation, leading Australian timber provider & currently I’m Head of Sales for a plastic manufacturer.

Thanks for your question Alex.

Thoughts on TIPPA?

Hi, haven’t seen much of him, but what I’ve seen and heard he will be a good/solid player.

Good on you for coming back Nick.

Same question I’m asking other Candidates.

What ideas do you have for ensuring regional/interstate members feel engaged with the club?

Good on you for coming back Nick.

Same question I’m asking other Candidates.

What ideas do you have for ensuring regional/interstate members feel engaged with the club?

Brem06,

Good question. This has been a real challenge forever & a day. Similar to the forums I’m advocating we hold each qtr, we need to include regional VIC & visit these areas, conducting the same forums. Reality is that this isn’t going to be an easy feat.

Hi Nick :slight_smile:
Kudos for coming back.
Here’s one from a little left field (I get tired of hearing sales pitches)

How do you think being an EFC board member will benefit you?

level 2 corporate boxes ayoooooooooo

Good on you Nick for still having the drive to serve on the board.

Hi Nick :) Kudos for coming back. Here's one from a little left field (I get tired of hearing sales pitches)

How do you think being an EFC board member will benefit you?

Hi Deckham,

You might not like my answer, but I’m nominating for the board to serve the Essendon FC in whatever capacity they see fit or wherever the club believes I could add value. That being said, serving on any board exposes you to new & diverse (interesting) people. It’s always a benefit when you are exposed to people with different skill sets to that of your own. You should always try & learn from new experiences.

Hello Nick

Fan/supporter engagement is a double-edged sword. What lessons have you learned from last time?

Hello Nick

Fan/supporter engagement is a double-edged sword. What lessons have you learned from last time?

Hello Diggers,

To improve communication & to maintain communication/engagement with supporters/members.

I must say I view your platform of greater fan engagement with some scepticism after your failure to answer any questions after your pitch to Blitz last year. You said similar things last year about the importance of listening to and representing core supporters, yet those word seemed hollow when there was no follow up to your introduction. Kudos for making a greater effort this year.

I must say I view your platform of greater fan engagement with some scepticism after your failure to answer any questions after your pitch to Blitz last year. You said similar things last year about the importance of listening to and representing core supporters, yet those word seemed hollow when there was no follow up to your introduction. Kudos for making a greater effort this year.

Windy Dill,

Lessons learnt.

I’m determined to make a positive contribution if given the opportunity.

All the best & don’t forget to vote.

It seems like you’ve taken on board all feedback and improved no doubt.

You’ll get my vote. We need new ideas and new people on the board.

Hello Nick

Hello Diggers,

To improve communication & to maintain communication/engagement with supporters/members.

Thank you, Nick. It takes stones the size of loukoumades to come back here again. Real character. You have my vote.

Windy Dill,

Lessons learnt.

Fair enough, and good on you for admitting you could have done things differently.

With the benefit of hindsight, what aspects of the supplement saga do you think the club handled well, and what mistakes were made?

Windy Dill,

Lessons learnt.

Fair enough, and good on you for admitting you could have done things differently.

With the benefit of hindsight, what aspects of the supplement saga do you think the club handled well, and what mistakes were made?

Hi Windy Dill,

It’s always hard answering questions like these, as we are not privy to all the facts (just what the newspapers report).

I wouldn’t have commissioned the “Ziggy” report. We were too quick & jumped the gun a little. We really needed time to take stock. It felt like we were running in every direction. I would have held supporter forums immediately, to ensure supporters/members were hearing the correct message & not just media beat ups. And if nothing else, forums would have allowed members to vent appropriately. Having said all that, it was new territory for the club.

WADA appeal is now done & dusted. We are close to achieving some clear air…1st time since Feb 2013.

Thanks for the answer and good luck with the election.

Nick,

I found your profile that was distributed to the members very captivating and intriguing.

It is obvious that you are a passionate and devoted member of our club and I believe you would represent us members well if elected. Your profile came across as quite colloquial and representative of the everyday man and most importantly the Essendon members. It is important that us members have a voice that is heard by the club.

I see you are making some good points and good luck!

Nick,

I found your profile that was distributed to the members very captivating and intriguing.

It is obvious that you are a passionate and devoted member of our club and I believe you would represent us members well if elected. Your profile came across as quite colloquial and representative of the everyday man and most importantly the Essendon members. It is important that us members have a voice that is heard by the club.

I see you are making some good points and good luck!

Thank you for joining Blitz just to say that…