No Changes for the Eagles

/fxed

This has all the trademarks of being a shoot-out.
Forward lines superior to backs in both cases. Under cover, dry surface.
It’ll come down to the midfield, clearance and spread, as it usually does.

2 Likes

I reckon our backline is due for a breakout game. We’ve got all the pieces they just need to fit together. Granted it would be great to have Ambrose but I think we match up far better on them than they do on us.

1 Like

17 Likes

What does a breakout game for a backline look like Darli? I assume it means our midfield is going to struggle? :grin:

Watch tomorrow and you will see :wink:

1 Like

legend.

Agree. Cant not like this logic, but how many goal JoeDan?

JoeDan to kick 5

1 Like

All from outside 50, post shimmy, and/or side step.

Clearances is the glaring problem at the moment. If ya not gonna give bird a look, please fkn try Myers in there. We’ve won the clearances once in8 weeks, it’s time to have a look at other alternatives

7 Likes

Looking at our taller defensive match ups will be intriguing to see how they go also.

Kennedy - Hurley or Hartley?
Darling - Dea or Hurley?
McInnes/Vardy (f/r) - Hartley or Dea or Hurley?

From a pure size/mobility scenario you’d think it’d be:

Kennedy - Hurley
Darling - Dea
McInnes/Vardy - Hartley

We’ve tried to allow Hurley to not play on the best fwd over last few games but you think he may have to in this instance.

1 Like

I think we will start harts on Kennedy and switch Hurley onto him when he kicks his sixth a few minutes into the second quarter

4 Likes

Weagles kicked 1.9 after 1/2 Time and Kennedy kicked 3.6 for the match. You just know they won’t miss this week, goals will come from leg breaks Warne would be proud of and they will be nailing check side goals from 50 out on the run. Jammy carnts

5 Likes

With the sweetest of candy thrown in from time to time

1 Like

On paper we look as if we match up well with them. Really a lot will be about stopping Gaff getting a lot of cheap ball as he sets up a lot for them getting free.

Make him earn his touches and you will go a long way to rolling the Eagles.

You just hope the non-travelling Eagles turn up! I feel they should start favs, and be expected to win, more based on our inconsistencies and how we have played Etihad in recent times…it hardly looks a home ground advantage for us!!

I’m glad Hill was dropped for them, Le Cras and him are the type that can get hold of us.
Feel a shoot out on the cards with 2 good forward lines, over 200pts for the game market looks tempting.

Josh Hill come on down

1 Like

Not playing thank ■■■■

J[quote=“True_Value_Blitzer, post:364, topic:10454, full:true”]

[/quote]

Man someones eyes lit up

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Matchday vs Eagles