No Changes for the Eagles

Younger?
13 months isn’t exactly Fletch vs a Parish here

2 Likes

If Myers is dropped, I’ll go farkin spare.
I’d like to give Oirish a few more.
I’d also like to see Bird in at some stage, but not in replacement for Oirish.

I’d leave the team as it is for now. Let it gel a little more. Depending on performances after the WC game, I’d reassess Oirish.

7 Likes

No need to change a winning combination - other than drop Hartley perhaps and play Francis back in his role.

We have a brilliant trio of small forwards (Fantasia-Green-Tippa) and a very solid trio of small backs (McGrath-Baguley-McKenna) that need to play together every week.

Even Woosha mentioned in his post match presser he wanted the team now to settle.

I reckon he feels he now has the right combination, with the exception of Ambrose coming in for Hartley.

Myers stays!!!
Building steadily after 2 games, just like Hurls & Hookers first couple.
Should be ready to take more time in the stoppages next week, which will be handy against the slow but big bodied Weagles mids

3 Likes

Please rest Watson if he can’t back it up this week

I said this before the Melbourne game too

You also wanted him dropped for the Anzac Day game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

L O L

C’mon, if you can only play him once every 3 weeks he may as well retire today. But no, he won’t be rested again next week. Ridiculous suggestion

7 Likes

Difference between letting myers find form and mckenna is that mckenna cannot. He needs a year at vfl, whoever that cats irish bloke was looked more comfortable with the game than he did.

Myers needs another two weeks.

Bird for irish. No need for any others unless colyer is spent and nerds a week off then mutch gets the gig.

1 Like

Not fair on Myers to be dropped for a midfielder unless that midfielder can play down back too. They played Myers only a couple of times in the middle from what I saw. Give him a good stint in the middle before dropping him.

1 Like

Out: Lee Kernaghan

11 Likes

Correct

If someone’s got a broken leg, then and only then we think about changes.

I reckon Hooker had key roles in about 5-6 chances for the smalls. Stewart just doesn’t /can’t do that yet with the size he is. Hooker can be our anti-Hunter, swing back late if required.

4 Likes

McKenna has to go back to the ressies, but not yet back to Ireland.

Hartley is lucky there is currently no replacement for him.

Otherwise, no changes for mine, but I bet you a million internets Stanton comes back in.

1 Like

Out McKenna
In Hocking…
Who goes straight to Mitchell at 1st bounce and reduces Eagles team to 21

10 Likes

No way does hocking come in for mckenna, its mcniece every day.

2 Likes

He will be rested soon enough, bye coming up.

Doubting that will happen, but really love your thinking .:slight_smile:

All the Hartley criticism is bewildering!
Hawkins got 2 goals from debatable free’s (1 was definite bullshit)
1 goal from a genuine free which wouldnt have mattered who was on him 1 out running back to goal and 1 from a good lead where Harts was blocked from going with him

6 Likes

Hartley was rubbish against Freo, but couldn’t be at fault for most of Hawkin’s goals last night. Decent back-up in our current situation, and will only go out when Ambrose is fit.

1 Like

Anyone else here want to see McGrath go straight to Mitchell next week, before the first bounce? Give the kid the first crack at him.

4 Likes