No ruckin' coach

I asked Bomber about the ruck coaching today and he told me we weren’t having one.

What are your views on this and the possible reasons behind it?

We don’t have enough ruckman on the list to make it viable.

I thought we never really had one anyway.

We'd have blokes come to the club to help out but it was never a full time position was it? Madden might still come and chip in I suppose, or would that be innappropriate if he's on the Board?

Maybe it will just come under 'midfield', and the big fellas can go do some ball-ups off to the side. They'd be doing heaps of stoppage work anyway and I guess the other coaches will point out anything they see when they review the footage.

I'll be interested to hear what you see at training...

What kind of training would a ruck-coach do? What kind of drills other than ball-ups/bounces etc?

S. Madden Joined the board, i'm sure he'll find an afternoon or two to come and talk the boys about leverage. having said that he has probably already passed on all he can to ryder and tbell and it is up to them to teach the new boys. I'm not particularly concerned though no doubt the age will blame hird for holes in our coaching staff. 

We don't have enough ruckman on the list to make it viable.

And the 2 we have are pretty experienced now anyway.

Joe D should be concentrating on playing up forward and forget ruck work for a while. Sean Gregory is a long way off (and only 195cm).

Personally he’s probably filthy we didn’t trade both.

Was at training today and a supporter said to Doc Reid “welcome back Doc”, Doc Reid replied “I never left” with a cheeky grin. Massive respect for him for standing his ground against the AFL. Respect!

I asked Bomber about the ruck coaching today and he told me we weren't having one.
What are your views on this and the possible reasons behind it?

I would have thought the ruck coach was like a goal-kicking coach or something like that. They won't be involved in any of the strategies, just about making sure the ruckmen is doing his bit in terms of tap work and having the right technique. With our ruck stocks where they are at, maybe we just need a part-timer at best to come down once a month and help iron out any problems?

P Ryder ruck coach

Nathan Lovett-Murray for ruck coach.

I'm sure S. Madden will lend a hand when/if required.

Steve Alessio may also be handy

Belly to coach whilst injured.

Belly to coach whilst injured.

This was the plan all along?

We need an extra tall to help in the ruck already it’s not fair

Smart move given recent events.

not so much a ruck coach, but someone to analyse the ruck tactics of opposition teams would be important. and if they are reading this now DEAN COX WILL FALL OVER AND THROW HIS ARMS UP AS SOON AS HE GETS BEATEN FAIRLY BY HIS LESS KNOWN OPPONENT, EVERY FREAKIN TIME.

so give him a knee to the ribs to make him earn it

Ryder goes down and we don't need a ruck coach.