Nobby Clarke Medal - Congratulations to Devon Smith the 2018 Winner

Redbull,it would be good if you posted your updates in the thread itself, like Peos did, so we can all see it without having to go somewhere else first.

Great news re Zac, but should be tempered that unlike Jobe he dies not have many senior players who could attract votes.

That is, this year’s Nobby should have an asterisk, at least as far as the absolute numbers are concerned.

Fark off it should be tempered or asterisked, the kid has earnt every vote. Just like premiership points, you can only play who you’re playing.

Zach will be on 57 at the end of this round. Could he break the record and beat Jobe’s 70 votes?

Also on that note if Zach gets 5 this round we need to stop the polls and crown him because he can’t be caught.

Also on that note if Zach gets 5 this round we need to stop the polls and crown him because he can't be caught.
He only needs 1 vote if Zaka gets none to be assured of the win. Given how the votes have gone thus far Zach's name can officially be inscribed onto the Nobby.

Zac 4 Zaka 0 from what I’ve seen.

Leaderboard After Round 18
Zac Merrett 56
David Zaharakis 28
Orazio Fantasia 17
James Kelly 15
Matthew Leuenberger 14
Joe Daniher 14
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti 13
Darcy Parish 12
Brendon Goddard 12
Courtenay Dempsey 10
Adam Cooney 10
Mitch Brown 9
Michael Hartley 9
Matt Dea 8
Patrick Ambrose 8
Craig Bird 7
Mark Baguley 4
Mathew Stokes 2
James Gwilt 2
Jackson Merrett 2
Aaron Francis 2
Martin Gleeson 1

So with 5 rounds of votes yet to count Zac Merrett has already won the 2016 Nobby Clarke Medal. An amazing effort. He finished 5th last year with 27 votes and rather surprisingly failed to score a single vote in his first season.

Will win a few more even with the returnees. This kid has “it” in spades.

Leaderboard after Round 19
Zac Merrett 60
David Zaharakis 28
Joe Daniher 19
Orazio Fantasia 17
Matthew Leuenberger 16
James Kelly 15
Brendon Goddard 15
Darcy Parish 12
Adam Cooney 11
Courtenay Dempsey 10
Mitch Brown 9
Michael Hartley 9
Matt Dea 8
Patrick Ambrose 8
Craig Bird 7
Mark Baguley 4
Mathew Stokes 2
James Gwilt 2
Jackson Merrett 2
Aaron Francis 2
Martin Gleeson 1

Joe Daniher moves into the top 3. Also James Kelly slips out of the top 5 having only scored 1 vote in the last 9 rounds.

Zac has now polled votes in 15 out of 18 matches this season. So far he has only missed out in Round 3 vs Port Adelaide, Round 5 vs Collingwood and Round 10 vs Richmond. Last season’s equal winner Brent Stanton polled in a season high 13 games to score 46 votes. In 2014 Dyson Heppell voted in 15 games on his way to winning the Nobby with 52 votes and in 2013 Michael Hibberd also voted in 15 games to finish second with 45 votes, behind Jobe Watson on 50. Records prior to this were kept by @Mero . Matthew Leuenberger is the next best this year, having polled in 8 matches.

Only 3 top up players have scored votes so far - Kelly with 15 polling in 5 games, Dea 8 with votes in 4 matches and Stokes picked up his 2 votes in Round 1.

Thankyou Redbull. Those numbers really do tell quite a story.

Having a phenomenal year is Zerrett. He is well worthy of a spot in the all-australian side, and all the club accolades and awards that he will win at the end of this year.

Also very interesting that in spite of this site savaging Zaka in the past month or so, his start to the season was still good enough to see him clear in 2nd place.

Can you punt on the Crichton?

Zezza would be unbackable fave anyway I s’pose …

I think the voting this year has been incredibly hard on Goddard. He will definitely be top 5 in the Crichton. Most likely top 3.

Leaderboard After Round 20
Zac Merrett 61
David Zaharakis 28
Joe Daniher 19
Orazio Fantasia 17
James Kelly 17
Matthew Leuenberger 16
Darcy Parish 16
Brendon Goddard 15
Mitch Brown 12
Adam Cooney 11
Courtenay Dempsey 10
Michael Hartley 9
Matt Dea 8
Patrick Ambrose 8
Craig Bird 7
Martin Gleeson 6
Mark Baguley 4
Mathew Stokes 2
James Gwilt 2
Jackson Merrett 2
Aaron Francis 2

I think the voting this year has been incredibly hard on Goddard. He will definitely be top 5 in the Crichton. Most likely top 3.

It’ll be very interesting. I think the Nobby is often there or there abouts, although we all have our favourites. We’ll know for certain soon, but I wouldn’t have him top 3.

Zach needs 9 votes to equal the record and 10 to beat it.

Can’t see it myself. Might be top 5 but I think that would an indication of how bad a year we’ve had.

Can’t see it myself. Might be top 5 but I think that would an indication of how bad a year we’ve had.

He’ll finish 2nd or third - been much more consistent than Zaka - which in our B&F is what counts.

Final Vote Tally for 2016
Zac Merrett 74
David Zaharakis 36
Joe Daniher 26
Orazio Fantasia 17
James Kelly 17
Matthew Leuenberger 16
Darcy Parish 16
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti 16
Brendon Goddard 15
Mitch Brown 15
Adam Cooney 11
Patrick Ambrose 11
Courtenay Dempsey 10
Michael Hartley 10
Matt Dea 10
Craig Bird 7
Martin Gleeson 6
Mathew Stokes 6
Mark Baguley 4
James Gwilt 2
Jackson Merrett 2
Aaron Francis 2
Kyle Langford 1

Thrilling finish

Thrilling finish

Well Zac did get 4 more votes than Jobe did in his Brownlow year.