Nobby Clarke Medal - Congratulations to Devon Smith the 2018 Winner

This is probably a really dumb/naive question, or been answered before but i’ll ask anyway…

But do the players know about the Nobby Clarke Medal?

Despite its unofficial status, you’d be pretty chuffed if the clubs supporters thought you were the best player in the team for the year i reckon.

Poor Schteeeeiny. Not a single vote.

Yeah, but he’d be winning the Judd Lalich medal, or whatever the VFL one is called.

1 Like
Poor Schteeeeiny. Not a single vote.

Yeah, but he’d be winning the Judd Lalich medal, or whatever the VFL one is called.

The DJ or “Richo” Medal?? I reckon it would be the Hardy Boy … or Muscles.

Stoner would be top 5 though.

Muscles has barely played this year!

I think the umps largely ignored Hardy, as they did Coghlan, in their votes.

Club-called times in best six:

Steinberg 9 of 14 games
Polkinghorne 9/19
Hardy 8/19
NO’B 7/10
Smack 7/11
Coghlan 7/20

carlol…pfft!!

You know, we - as in BB - ought to make something more of this. Have some function where the award could be given out.

TMT used to have a column “on the wing with Whacker” and his awards got to be a regular at a local pub. The players knew it was a bit of fun, and supported it, so the event got to be well known.

I think this is a ripping idea. Come up with a bunch of humorous awards and a few serious ones. Could be drinks at a pub or a little more formal with a meal.

No Barretts allowed.

It’s always been a ‘when I win the lottery’ dream of mine to get a $5k Ruby and Onyx medal made and fund a Nobby Night.

Hey, Mr Little, no I haven’t forgotten your first name. C’mere a minute.
You know I was just joshing with all the things about the things, right?
Have I got an idea for you…

I see Zaka did not get one vote, unless I am blind of course. Stanton playing similar role - receive, supply option, run - worked super hard.
Zerret did really well with half season.
Carlilse was a bit of a joke actually.
Hurley awesome.
Hooker ditto
Melksham got 5 in first game but no more.

Bullish about picks 3 and 5. tall forward and gun mid both possible. Plus second round picks. Makes me realise what last two years of draft penalties have done.
Lots of upside for post wada, get that weight off the boys, even if a few get suspended. I forget if it it is group of individual ‘trial’? ie, can one guy be guilty and others not? Of course being labelled drug cheat is gonna destroy career of those found guilty.

Updated

Its a race in two after 4 rounds!

Wheres the current leaderboard?

Wheres the current leaderboard?

Zerrett has all the votes.

Will update this week. Apologies for the delay.

Updated

Leaderboard
Zac Merrett 42
David Zaharakis 28
James Kelly 14
Matthew Leuenberger 14
Orazio Fantasia 12
Darcy Parish 11
Joe Daniher 11
Courtenay Dempsey 10
Adam Cooney 10
Mitch Brown 9
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti 9
Matt Dea 8
Michael Hartley 6
Patrick Ambrose 5
Brendon Goddard 5
Craig Bird 5
Mark Baguley 4
Mathew Stokes 2
James Gwilt 2
Jackson Merrett 2
Martin Gleeson 1

That is very harsh on Goddard, and very flattering to Dempsey, but other than that it’s a pretty fair representation of the year imo.

TIPPA not in top 10. Delist.

Leaderboard Zac Merrett 42 David Zaharakis 28 James Kelly 14 Matthew Leuenberger 14 Orazio Fantasia 12 Darcy Parish 11 Joe Daniher 11 Courtenay Dempsey 10 Adam Cooney 10 Mitch Brown 9 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti 9 Matt Dea 8 Michael Hartley 6 Patrick Ambrose 5 Brendon Goddard 5 Craig Bird 5 Mark Baguley 4 Mathew Stokes 2 James Gwilt 2 Jackson Merrett 2 Martin Gleeson 1

That is very harsh on Goddard, and very flattering to Dempsey, but other than that it’s a pretty fair representation of the year imo.

Goddard and Dempsey have both polled in 3 games. I agree that Goddard has been marked a lot harder this year with so many senior players missing.

TIPPA not in top 10. Delist.
Equal 10th....retain with new contract ;)

Updated

Zac Merrett’s lead is out to 24 votes with 6 games to go. His season total of 52 votes is the second highest on record for the Nobby, only behind Jobe’s 70 vote winning score in his Brownlow year. Also great to see Fantasia into the top 3.

Redbull,it would be good if you posted your updates in the thread itself, like Peos did, so we can all see it without having to go somewhere else first.

Great news re Zac, but should be tempered that unlike Jobe he dies not have many senior players who could attract votes.

That is, this year’s Nobby should have an asterisk, at least as far as the absolute numbers are concerned.