Non Essendon Finals Thread

Hilarious ending for Port. But I’m still resentful of the Eagles - it should have been our fairytale finish!!

2 Likes

Works so well in Sean Micallef’s smarty pants voice.

4 Likes

Its either a hit or miss, nothing serviceable.

They just showed Trent Cotchin cleaning up in the Tigers room on Fox Footy.

That prick has Jobes medal and could very well be a premiership player in the next few weeks something that Jobe deserves way more.

■■■■ that ■■■■■■ me off.

Trent cotchins hair > heppell’s hair.

Just on that free kick to shuey.
No fukn way that is a free…I’ve watched the replay and the tackle started off fine then it was shuey who got polecs arm and raised it above his shoulder. It was the absolute textbook raising the arm to draw a high free kick that the afl tried to stamp out…id be spewing if i was a port fan

and we would all be celebrating still

The Yen will likely take a massive dive on Monday on the back of this.

The one thing that I hope comes of it is that it gets highlighted and finally stamped out of the game.

Honestly at the game I thought it was there, though I was 150 odd metres away. Watching now on the replay it was clearly a classic raise the arm throw the head back free that should never have been paid to decide a final.

That said, Port threw it away, I’ve never seen a team have that many chances to ice the game and ■■■■ them up one after the other, must have had at least half a dozen fairly simple chances. They’ve had a problem all year finishing off their work and it bit them in the ■■■■ tonight.

Weirdly enough I’m not devastated. Port are much improved this year and are a very young side with a bunch of gun kids. They’re gonna be around about the place for the next few years. Just need the ■■■■■■■ Crows to not show up and throw the flag away and all will be right with the world.

2 Likes

EVERYONE GETS A LIKE.

Heard the result in the midnight news driving home from the airport, got in and just watched the last 15 minutes and cackled hysterically. A lot.

So many “oh damn, you just lost the match” moments in those fifteen minutes alone.

Sorry not sorry, @westozziebomber et al.

What’s worse, to lose a final like we did, or to lose a final like THAT?

I didn’t watch the finish of the game. Based on the above comments I thought I would watch the last two minutes.

That was delicious. I could almost taste the tears of that farkhead Koche. Dwell on that ending all pretty season farkhead.

3 Likes

IMO…

You get more out of a close loss (regardless of the opposition) than a blow out loss.
Players realise how close they are and it burns them through the pre-season.

Lose big and it’s a bit more demoralising as you realise how far away you are from everyone else.

Port usually thrash the garbage and lose to good sides. We occasionally beat good sides, and quite regularly lose to garbage sides.

I can tell you from experience the opposite is true, … in fact, the fact that we got ‘so close’ last time was probably a big part of the reason we got so railroaded yesterday.

Unless they actually saw & fully accepted that we should really have been well out of that game by 3/4 time but for Sydneys woeful kicking, and actually had a hell of a lot to improve on to even be in it, let alone win it, we were never a chance. The danger to me was they went in thinking even sub consciously that … “Oh we were so close & only for our own stuff up’s we would have won, … we just have to do a little bit better and we can win it”,… and by the result it appears they well might have

I’m glad they got shown how off the level required to be a proper finals contender they are, and they know how much they need to work & improve , … because yesterday emphatically says, they obviously do.

There will be no danger of laurel resting in having made it and nearly beating what may well end up the Prem side, and thinking they only have to get a little better to be a contender now.

No danger of it at all.

2 Likes

That’s what they said about last year. “Oh we missed out on finals and that is driving us to be better this year.”

It didn’t help them in way shape or form.

Will agree to disagree.

Playing 120 minutes of finals intensity footy vs 30 minutes always wins out.
We need more games where we learn to play at a high intensity for the full game.

Thats why we continually just scrape past crap teams like North, Freo and Gold Coast. We just do enough too often.

i wish i could laugh at port tarpelaide, but alas we suck so hard i can’t.

Hold on. We played a team that had won 13 of last 15 games and home and in the past 4 weeks beat 1st and 2nd at their home grounds.

Port played at home and lost to a team who just scraped in to the finals. Roles reversed port would have copped nearly as big of hiding as we would have.

3 Likes

Harden up! There is always a way to have a laugh at the tarps.

1 Like