Non Essendon Games that clash with the World Cup

Erm

Yeah, Injured, riht??

You know what I mean ā€¦

stringer has shown hes all australianā€¦

mitch wallis has proven hes a rising star nomā€¦

He played a typical Mitch Wallis game.
He rests in the forward line every here and there and snags a goal.
While on the ball he was there about without being dominant.
He had a few good quarters but went rather silent during the second and third quarters.

he doesnā€™t do anything flashy. He isnā€™t the first the footy. He doesnā€™t hit up for easy marks and possessions through the midfield. Heā€™s just a good average player.

1 Like

Typical of when?? Which time period?

Typical of the majority of his games through his career.
The only thing heā€™s added the last few years is being able to kick a goal as a resting forward.

If anythingā€¦
Tonight, he was a poorer tackler than he has shown throughout his career.

ok.

Wallis has struggled to get a game in a team that has struggled all year, weā€™re not talking Tom Mitchell here.

Both Bulldog forwards are well manned up.
The correct play here is a handball to Honeychurch just forward to his left, whom he can shepherd for.
Honeychurch could then use the free WB player (shown) more central, or give back to Wallis.

If youā€™re going to kick to a leading forward, in this case Gowers (?), you simply MUST keep the ball in the field of play.

He lost them the gameā€¦pure and simple !

1 Like

WTF. Did he kill someone?

ā€¦ aaaaaand you think he deliberately didnā€™t??? ā€¦Hmmm, ā€¦ :thinking:

It was a legit bump. Didnā€™tā€™hit him high, didnā€™t get him in the back. Rubbish decision.

I was heavily invested (emotionally) in a NM loss with less than a minute to goā€¦clearly.

1 Like

How good was ____ scott going troppo into the phone at the end.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œCaptain_Jack, post:272, topic:13400, full:trueā€]

But if heā€™d held the mark, ā€¦ it would have been 50.

I agree, ā€¦ but the Ump saw that he was targeting the player and zero ball, before the marking attempt took place.

The fact that the mark is not taken, and the hit then becomes pseudo legit by default, didnā€™t count to the Ump, ā€¦ and it wouldnā€™t have to me if Iā€™d been him either.

The point is he didnā€™t hold the mark, therefore it shouldnā€™t have been a free kick.

Ah well CJ, ā€¦ like Aceman, . weā€™ll just have to agree to disagree I sā€™pose.

I would have called that one the way the Ump did, ā€¦ the 1st offense was targeting the player in the Marking contest, ā€¦ No eyes for the ball, ā€¦ would have taken precedent for mine, ā€¦ the fact the mark wasn;t held is incidental in that instance I think.

On a less controversial note Iā€™m sure, ā€¦ Iā€™m listening to Deep Purple - Fireball, ā€¦ So what dā€™ya think of that! ā€¦

:smirk:

2 Likes

9007 in TAS
11627 at GABBA
Canā€™t find a figure published yet for Etihad

Probably 40k-45k across the 3

1 Like

26k for the blockbuster

Happy to disagree. While Fireball is a fine album DP peaked with In Rock, for me. They once headlined a tour to Oz, in early 1973, with Free and Manfred Mannā€™s Chapter Three on the same bill, supported by an Ozzie band, Piranha. They played at Randwick, and l flew up to Sydney for the show. A mate was living up there, so it was a good chance to catch up at the same time.

The show itself was a great spectacle, with about 30,000 attending, in glorious sunshine. l got well and truly smashed on speed, washed down with a bottle of gin. There were many highllights, MM playing a 15 + minute version of Happy Being Me, dancing like a dervish to Freeā€™s Alright Now, and DP playing pretty much all of In Rock, with Ian Gillian nailing the vocals on Child In Time, over Jon Lordā€™s swirling and ethereal organ.

Monday morning l caught a taxi in the dark to take the redeye express to Essendon. l arrived at work about 10 minutes late, but l didnā€™t care and they didnā€™t say anything. The weekend had cost me 2 weeks pay, but was well worth it. Good times, rock on BSD.

3 Likes