Non Essendon JLT

Tigers win by 2 goals after a late Dees surge. Good quality game, clearly both sides will be well and truly up there this year.

Brayshaw with 1000 metres gained. I donā€™t think I ever seen that before. And from only 68 minutes game time. Crikey

1 Like

I reckon GWS has put on the best show so far.

1 Like

Sydney didnā€™t look good though. I thought tigers and dees, then eagles.

I havenā€™t really been looking at these as competitions, but more as systems, and organisation. I dare say any team that put in 100% effort this week would have blown away the competition. I thought Giants looked crisp and Tigers looked good while going at 80%.

Iā€™d go with Pink Floyd. That Delicate Sound of Thunder show was just extraordinary.

2 Likes

That it was hahaha. You were there too?

Certainly was.

Carlton and Saints went 100%

Ruckmen are going to be so so important with the rule changes?
Yeh, nah.
North top 5 Top ruckman 58 hitouts to StKilda bottom feeding ruckman, 12. StKilda win by 4 goals.
Aint necessarily so.

Can I ask what was so impressive about Melbourne? They lost by 12pts, yes but they had 12 less scoring shots and their forwards were owned by that Richmond defence. What is certain is that itā€™s hard to draw any conclusions from JLT form but I still feel that teams who havenā€™t had much success in recent times, do get something out of having a win in these matches.

Yep. One JLT game is all
you need to draw that conclusion.

They looked really polished. It will be a good test to see where weā€™re at playing them away in the first round. Include Greene and Kelly too. They should be dangerous.

1 Like

Canā€™t see it happening. They were the best side last year and just played a bad final. Top 4 easily. Theyā€™re flag favourites too.

Knowing your history in theā€¦entertainmentā€¦ industry I thought your nomination would involve a ping-pong ball.

2 Likes

Freo are carving up the Pies so far

Tucker a lazy 5 tackles at quarter time.

Freo are my smoky to make the 8 this year.

Pies are my smokey to miss finals.

3 Likes

Is Colyer playing?