Non Essendon JLT

Just saw the score for Hawks vs Tigers. Are Tigers resting a few players?

So Melbourne and Tigers season is over.

Am I doing it right?

4 Likes

Yep. Who would have thought, eh? Oh well, thereā€™s always 2020.

Good job we didnā€™t play the Tigers in JLT this year. Would have ended in a nil all draw.

1 Like

Nah, Tigers would have got a free kick after the siren based on their insipid performance in our JLT2

1 Like

Is Drain Russell the most annoying flog in WORLD Sport,ā€¦ or is it just me ?

Hawks v Tigers the best game of the jlt Iā€™ve seen btw. Such a pity it has to be him calling it.

2 Likes

lol Hawthorn

1 Like

After watching bitsā€™nā€™pieces of a few games I can tell that the new interpretation of the hands in the back rule is going to be poorly adjudicated the place this season

Oh dear

Itā€™s him or James Brayshaw.

Iā€™d have Brayshaw slightly ahead on points, only cos heā€™s also does the cricket so heā€™s on tv all year round.

1 Like

Nope - worst by the length of the straight. Absolute flog of the highest order.

1 Like

Basil says hello.

Every bit as bad. I actually cannot listen to him and mute the commentary when he is on.

2 Likes

I really donā€™t hate any of the commentators to such an extent that I will switch off the sound. Well with the exception of perhaps Walls or Allen as they lack the professionalism to try and at least attempt to be neutral in bombers games.

The biggest problem with commentary in general is that most of the time they are too busy just having a chat to each other that they miss half of what is happening. When they do decide to do their job, they get it wrong anyway.

4 Likes

Heā€™s hard to listen to. Especially when he is in ā€˜gushingā€™ mode. He somehow manages to out-cringe Bruce.

He has a morning radio show over here and comes across as really nasty sometimes. Very opinionated. Especially on subjects concerning disadvantage. His default position is ā€œI work hard for everything I have, whatā€™s your problem?ā€ all whilst ignoring his privileged middle class leg-up in life. His on screen persona is a bit of an act and itā€™s a sh*t act at that.

2 Likes

Interesting. Perhaps he should ā€œwork harderā€ at his commentary craft because IMO he is just about the worst out there and that is saying something

I think he has got this far because of his close friendship with D Cometti. Basil and Dennis both have a strong West Perth connection. If he was based in say NSW or Qld and didnā€™t have a well known and respected AFL commentator to mentor and vouch for him, he would still be doing regional sport updates on one of the back end digital channels.

1 Like

For me its just a matter of calling the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  game. No nicknames, No bullshit insidr chatter and i give zero ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  about some pelicans stepdads brothers uncles sons best mates sister driving mine trains in the outback. Just call the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  game

7 Likes

Totally Agreeā€¦ all the tv commentators annoy the ā– ā– ā– ā–  out of me. At least the radio commā€™s are forced to call the game. Please just give us the option of atmos only on tv coverage!
Hard to pick the worst commā€¦ mcguire is up there, with his false ā€˜excitementā€™ for any team other than his - plus he doesnā€™t know the names of most players on other teams.
Dermott is so ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  annoying! Blah, blah, blah.
And each year we have a new crop of ex players employed as ā€˜special commentsā€™ peopleā€¦ and we are all expected to sit back in awe and listen to the drivel that comes out of their mouthā€™s.

2 Likes

Lions with wins over the Hawks and the Dees. Clear flag favourites for mine