Non Sydney Swans Preliminary Finals Round

Brought in caddy, Prestia and ditched long servants who were past their best.

Who do we bring in? One of the best clearance and contested possession winners in the game is available and all we say is “yeah hes a great player but not what we are after”

6 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.

When we’re ‘ready’ we will definitely be able to tell based on the pressure and defensive effort we bring during the H&A season.

Unfortunately, the opposite of that is also true, and as you rightly point out, it’s been that way for a long long time.

Was at the game tonight, wife for the first time in her life at a footy match said “I am scared here” and this was in the AFL members not in the feral riffraff section where it would’ve been 10000 times worse

Fark they are obnoxious bogans

I’m not sure about anyone else, but having watched Richmond push their way into a Grand Final, I’m furious at where our club currently is.

Bagging Richmond was always something we could use to make ourselves feel better, as they have been a disgrace. Now it’s us that is the disgrace. Next year will be the longest premiership draught in our 150 year history. I’m fed up with being told to accept it.

12 Likes

Yea it’s definitely depressing seeing Richmond exceed us.

We are the new “richmond”.
Next time we make the final everyone will be talking about how bad our previous finals have been.
We will probably finish 9th next year too.

Roosters v Cowboys is a cracker!

We’re not the new Richmond, we’re just Essendon. Now ■■■■ teams will be the new Essendon.

2 Likes

Old Firm derby kicking off now on beIN 3. That will do nicely

1 Like

I wouldn’t go with her. Not watching that crap.
We were planning to go away as her birthday is next week anyway though

Concussion or shoulder?

Concussion according to Underwood.

Didn’t pass the test she said.

For those who are comparing Richmond to Geelong are kidding yourselves. Richmond are like the Bulldogs and might pinch a GF, but there are alot of spuds in that team who can do one thing pressure and little else.

The Geelong team of 2007 was ridiculously good and played some of the most beautiful football I have ever seen aside from the 2000 bombers.

They are poles apart in talent, Geelong missed a GF by a kick and it spurred them on and they had a good hard look at themselves which drove them to sustained success. They were a team of champions as much as it pains me to say it.

Mark my words even if Richmond win it this year they will not stay up there. Teams will figure them out and they will slide.

Also GWS won the free kick count. Sigh AFL optics. Anyone got a breakdown of the 2nd and 3rd quarter when the game was up for grabs?

9 Likes

Id love to see a free kick worm plotted against the score worm

3 Likes

We did it in some games, alas like typical essendon they went back to picking and choosing when to turn up to do it.

I donno if townsed and mcintosh are spuds, and did butler play tonight or is there two of them ?

either way you’re right they played this year the way you need to, put on as you say that manic pressure and the offensive side normally takes care of itself.

For us, I just don’t see how it changes when you have to carry myers and goddard in the midfield next season, while also carrying hepp.

None of those 3 can offer that defensive desperation, and it’s just too many players to carry who can’t, esp in the midfield.

and you’re right i can’t see it happening with us, too many still haven’t seen or believed we’ve hit rock bottom. They still think we are Just a bit of luck away from being premiers.

that was ferocity vs finesse and ferocity won

the team mentality of the tigers to harass and tackle really made feel embarassed that we carry players like Myers, Laverde and Langford, not even 1/10th of the intensity even the most spuddiest of spuds Richmond has, not for 4 qtrs, not even one

This finals series has really convinced me we are a team hiding many career footballers who don’t even have it in them to put on the high pressure sort of performance the tigers did today. Hope Heppell watched Cotchin today, but doubtful Hepp has the speed to even get to the amount of tackles Cotchin did.

4 Likes

Close, but not quite.

1965 - 1984

longer than…

2000 - 2018

3 Likes

2 Likes

Envious?

Tigers will get pumped next week… and there is absolutely nothing worse in footy than losing a grand final…

1 Like

I’m glad Richmond won. They’ll make a better opponent next week; both teams to bring an intense team approach. Adelaide probably have the kicking skills to win it though.

GWS are a bunch of show ponies that need to learn to play for their team but that will never happen because they are a bunch of mercenaries.

1 Like

Go Storm

5 Likes