Not #39 - Heath Hocking

I underrated the guy until the other year where he missed most of the season and came back for two games and we looked 100x tougher in the middle.
We look so much better with him in the team! I first noticed this back in 2011 when he got suspended against the Lions. We didn't have him for like 4-5 weeks and we looked awful in the middle. When he came back we didn't have Watson playing due to injury and we beat the Cats in one of their premiership years. I saw how important he is to our midfield and it's extremely noticeable when he isn't there.

Our most underrated player. Opposition fans have no idea about the value he brings to our team.

When I thing of Hocking back in the side, I immediately put a small line through a key opposition mid.

Through Jobe Hepp Parish and Zerrett in, and she’s going to be a great balanced midfield next ur.

Not including the rest!

Hoping to see The Bont on the end of that.

Love how he’s barely finished turf dinnering the guy and he’s already looking up like WHO ELSE WANTS SOME?

Incorrect disposal?
Deliberate out of bounds?

Hopefully the shackles get released.

When given the chance he can be a very attacking player. Also his body work around the stoppages creates space for others and add a defensive element to our clearances.

Watch out 2017, heater is going to set the G on fire!

Parish in particular is going to relish the extra space and time Buddha’s tight, in close work buys for him.

I underrated the guy until the other year where he missed most of the season and came back for two games and we looked 100x tougher in the middle.

He has the grunt and experience to be our Jordan Lewis. He’s showed that ability before.

Oh boy. Imagine the overexposure he’d get as a Hawthorn player.

He has the grunt and experience to be our Jordan Lewis. He’s showed that ability before.

Oh boy. Imagine the overexposure he’d get as a Hawthorn player.

Would need a pretty big bald spot to be our jordan lewis

Watch out 2017, heater is going to set the G on fire!

The bag checks take long enough as it is, imagine how long it’ll take to get into the G if he does set it on fire.

We need him to tag O’Meara and knock him head over knees.

We need him to tag O'Meara and knock him head over knees.
The Hawks would have to skip recovery the next day to attend Jaegers funeral

could be that mid sized forward we need? single handedly ripped the pies a new one

Knees?

Knees?

I believe he is alluding to young Jaeger’s injury problems

Hard tagging is history, at least I think Woosha reckons it is. So if picked Heater will have to be released and run through the midfield, spending time as a high half forward ( which is a quasi mid anyway). If we are going to pick this type of inside mid , he will need to fight it out with Craig Bird to gain selection. Heath probably has a better tank than Bird and is about 5cm taller and a better mark and so is arguably better rotating through half forward.

Don’t think Woosha has completely ruled it out, it was just this season it was pointless to tag anyone and was better development to get blokes playing/moving the ball correctly. It was the repeated questioning about it early on that made him see like he just didn’t like the strategy.

Besides you’d be mad not to consider it with someone like Heater in your team. I don’t believe in this hard/soft tag BS. Some players are just better at doing other things with/without the ball.

To me they are just more defensive minded players which all teams need. Look at Picken as an example, whereas someone like McAffer used to offer nothing else. Heater tags and you don’t even notice he’s doing it. Blocks, tackles, shepherds, kicks goals, wins enough possies too.

Did some great work on 3 votes Judd and others a few times and never got enough credit.

Is a junkyard dog, blokes walk taller with him around. Have always loved these unfashionable type players with some mongrel.

He’s like a less talented, less offensive, less tattooed, less drug fkd version of Dane swan.
If that means anything to you.

Knees?

Well they’re his weak spot, aren’t they?
could be that mid sized forward we need? single handedly ripped the pies a new one

Despite the fact he played that game as a midfielder, sure.

Has a place in the middle every game for mine. Heppell, Zerrett, Watson, Myers, Parish and Langford all spending time with him at the center contests. That’s a heck of a good mix.

Nice interview with Buddha on the club website. What a heart and soul type he is!!!

So are we allowed to do club promoted media of the returning players now?? I thought it was a week or so away from being permitted?

Nice interview with Buddha on the club website. What a heart and soul type he is!!!

So are we allowed to do club promoted media of the returning players now?? I thought it was a week or so away from being permitted?

It’s allowed for every player except Jobe seeing as their bans officially expired yesterday. Jobe has to wait another week though

It’s allowed for every player except Jobe seeing as their bans officially expired yesterday. Jobe has to wait another week though

Ahhh got ya.

Sweet, cheers mate!

Hocking makes our centre clearances infinitely better.