Not #39 - Heath Hocking

66% game time or something?

This is harsh but I hope we can expect better from Myers in his first game back than what Hocking served up yesterday.

He had what would politely be termed a ‘Barry Crocker’.

I wouldn’t mind seeing him re-set in the VFL.

Surely you can’t make any judgements on the guy’s 1st game back after a year off, let alone a game played in such conditions, when 70% of the team were off and had equally poor games??

Really?

1 Like

Definitely deserves another crack this week.

I can say he had a shocker. It’s not surprising, nor does it say much about what he’ll do going forward, but he looked well short of a gallop.

with Bird, Howlett and Myers all hopefully available soon, I think Heater would be better off finding touch in the VFL.

Yeah, that wasn’t strictly directed at your comment HAP,… more the threads current zeitgeist.
And FTR, I could make that post in about a dozen other threads.

Just think people need to get a handle on the current challenges for the team as a whole, & the returning players especially, … and just keep their powder dry until they, and the team/coach have a good 6 - 12 games under the belt.

Jobe Hep Hooksy & Hurls have all been well below their best/former selves over the 1st 3 games, and so will the rest of them likely be.

2 Likes

Aside from anything else I’m not sure how much of a need Heath is, if we’re not running a tagger.

Fark me’ if Jobe and Dyson have been well below their this year then they are both the two best players in the world.

Jobe has been consistent and made few errors while Dyson has been BOG vs Hawthorn, and close vs Brisbane.

You are very hard to please

Haha shiet. Never thought I’d see anyone say that about BSD!! He is the eternal optimist!

2 Likes

they were nowhere near their best vs carlton. wtf.

Buddha will always have my respect and is a great Essendon man but gee I thought he would carve it up at VFL level. Did others??
Especially the slightly slower and contested style that often prevails at the level below.

Has he just mentally checked out?

1 Like

Agree. Doesn’t look like the competitive animal he used to be.

Got one eye on the out door?
l would not be against letting him seek a trade elsewhere. A solid club man.

1 Like

S
L
O
W

I believe.

Not good enough to be picked as best 22 ball winning midfielder and Woosh averse to playing lock down taggers so no room for him in side

No way anyone trades for Hocking.
Good clubman but his time has come.

3 Likes

Both he and Stanton have seemingly planned their post football careers well and not much interest in making seniors.

Did anyone happen to see what his injury was today?

He was in a marking contest and landed badly ( I think). Looked like an ankle or lower leg injury.