Not #39 - Heath Hocking

I thought he did very well.

But I’d be leery about playing him in the finals. We had the ball in our front half a lot this game, which surely helped a slower, more contested player like Heath. Against Sydney we will almost certainly be more limited in our entries, and the forwards will need to be pretty mobile creating opportunities.

Of course, it all depends on who is available.

I’d not be oppoosed to playing him against sydney. He’ll give everything wherever he plays and his lack of pace on the scg won’t be such an issue. Plenty I’d chop bedore him.

2 Likes

If Hurls Hooker, Fantasia return… 3 of these 5 will have to make way (Hartley, Colyer, Hocking,Lav, Begley)

Hocking plays - EFC win

1 Like

Play him on Kennedy PLEASE.

2 Likes

Never forget he was the first bloke out of them all to re commit to the club

Ripper bloke

11 Likes

Except he played in Round 3

Gone as expected.

Did well for us, struggled in 2015, year off was never going to help.

Thanks heath.

Glad he got the Freo game. True warrior.

10 Likes

Wasn’t he injured for most of 2015?
Came back in the last month and won the Collingwood game off his own boot

6 Likes

Best wishes for the future Heath.

2 Likes

Probably, can’t remember what I said.

Yep, only played 5 games in 2015.

Was a great tagger and inside bull for us. Got everything he could out of himself and more.

Good luck in the future

1 Like

Thanks so much for your efforts for Essendon FC Heath. All the best for your future.

Was a big angry bloke when we needed more big angry blokes.

Got the best out of himself for a long period. Great Essendon person. Bye Heath

1 Like

If he was from another club, a post would already be up on the trades board suggesting we pick him up cheaply.

1 Like

Was one of the best taggers in the game at one point. Was a genuinely tough player. Had very good skills with the pill as well.

I love this guy. Congrats on your career Heater!

4 Likes

It was predictable but it’s still fkg sad when someone who gave his all for the club is delisted. He was a bull. A inside beast and that 2011-14 period he was really good. I notice he said in his statement he hopes his journey isn’t over. I really hope someone picks him up, even as a rookie so he can enjoy a change of scenery and a new challenge. Thanks for everything heater

10 Likes

Meet Heath a couple of times. Very nice, humble guy.

5 goals in his last 3 games - helping pull us over the line in two final H&A games 2015 & 2017 - when a steady head was needed.

Had very good footy smarts, really enjoyed watching him play.

Good luck to him. If he doesn’t get a gig anywhere else, wouldn’t mind seeing him in our VFL team.

4 Likes