Not #39 - Heath Hocking

Huge fan of this guy. Didn’t he get stitches in his mouth and play the following week? That’s so metal, that is. Tough.

Was also a classier player than probably given credit for, didn’t often get into scoring positions but was a good opportunist in front of goal. Unexpectedly did those Jonsson Workwear ads.

A guy who made the best of the talents he had. A tough player who gave his all for the club. Was underappreciated at times.

Well done and good luck!

1 Like

Top bloke true clubman, fkn hard as nails. I can imagine him coming into a development coach role through the VFL. His commitment to his training was first class.

I remember reading he padded an entire room in his house to wrestle. Fkn nuts.

Good luck heater.

1 Like
7 Likes

Was the first guy to re-sign in 2016, surely he didn’t have to be the first we delisted in 2017

Regardless a true warrior of the club

Hope he sticks around for a year or two in the reserves

2 Likes

Well done on a good career mate.

Great man, great servant. Sad but the right call. If he doesn’t go to a new club it would be great to see him play VFL with us.

Feels rude saying this, but why not Howlett as well?

Well done Budda. Could have easily told the club to get farked but he didn’t and for that, he deserves full commendation.

2 Likes

Thought he could have had a few more opportunities this year. Gave everything when he was out there. Sorry to see him go.

3 Likes

Was a great clubman who always gave his all on field

Hope he gets a chance elsewhere. GC could do worse than having him up there for some grit with such a young group.

1 Like

An Essendon supporter growing up

He put in the hard work and got promoted off the rookie list

Just like Matthew Lloyd his career will end with him sending the dons to the finals,

Along with Stanton and Watson Buddha is the last player to be on the List while Sheedy was coach.

All the best to you in the future mate

5 Likes

A warrior and forever a don. Was a rock and he always got himself suspended at the worst times during his peak.

Him leaving is the start of the “real” clean out which is now finally the post- Sheedy days.

Probably hasn’t had his interview with worsfold yet?

Pure grunt and perseverance. Nothing but respect for the guy.

1 Like

Thank you Buddha.

Loved his selfless, team orientated aggressiveness.

IMO he made Jobe a better midfielder by sacrificing his game to put in the 1%ers to help out Jobe.

1 Like

It sucks that a chunk of the great servants of this club are going to retire not having any success at team level.

12 Likes

Anzac day counts!

My favourite play of his was that screamer

Tough, no nonsense, uncompromising, respected footballer. Love this type of player. People say we need more mongrel in the team, he is who I think of with the right type of attitude. Had a mean snarl too.

Was a great run with player, won’t disrespect him by calling him a tagger, as unlike many others in that category he could win it and actually use it while also closing down his opponent.

Was one of my favorites for a long time for how hard he played his footy. And integral to the midfield in that he made the players around him better. When he was out, I remember saying often we really missed him.

Love ya Heater, all the best in whatever comes next mate.

13 Likes

Froggy is applauding him before he hits the ground.

1 Like