Not #39 - Heath Hocking

One of my favourite players. I am so glad he will still be with the club, and he is a great role model for the young guys. Depending how many injuries we have, we have very little room for non AFL listed players in the VFL side, so I assume he will be a role player eg half back or the like. I really don’t want to see him or NOB taking on ball time away from all the young would be mids like Mutch, Clark, Guelfi and Mynott.

Thought i read somewhere that NO"B has signed with an EDFL club (Strathmore?) for 2018???

Great news- love this guy. May lead in to coaching opportunities if that’s what he’s after. Just pleased he’ll be part of the club still.

2 Likes

Correctamundo.

Same principle applies to Draper and Lavender. It’s miles more important that we get proper experience and development into the young players than winning a seconds flag. Even though our last couple of seconds flags have been promptly followed by a seniors flag.

make him captain

4 Likes

Fking love Buddha

Yep Strathmore

Where’s the Heath Hocking option?

3 Likes

Easy to underestimate the value of having such a passionate Bomber stick around to help mentor all the very promising kids on the list.
This is great news.
Just desserts for the first of the returning players to re-commit.
I’ll never forget Heater for that, nor the pride with which he always wears the Red n Black!!
Salt of the earth.

12 Likes

Terrific bloke is budda

Great news for the club and for Heath.

I like this a lot.

1 Like
20 Likes

This is great

A lot of young mids and having someone with his aggression, experience and leadership in the VFL vital. Plus he is loved within the club.

Barracked for us as a kid.

Poor heath, can’t run for the board now.

That’s awesome news. So happy we get to see him play on

1 Like

Just out of interest, how much does a VFL player like Hocking earn?

Awesome stuff, I hope they make him captain. Tough, hard, courageous and will be in the thick of it and can lead our young boys when they serve their time in the VFL. Couldn’t think of a better result than to have Heath continue to lead the boys in the VFL, he might not be quite AFL quality now but he’s definitely a quality VFL player.

3 Likes

Probably $1500 a game would be around the mark

1 Like