Not #39 - Heath Hocking

Would be vying with Crowley for the best tagger in the game. I love the fact that he punishes his opponent by kicking goals and playing an integral role going into the forward line.

fkn love him.

So should Hocking go to Fyfe or Barlow next week?

Now you are just being mean

Hard as nails this bloke,fkn brilliant,congrats Buddha!!

Did more than negate Mark Smurfy, he provided a lot of drive and linked up beautifully to become quite  a damaging player going the other way. 

He is to the defensive aspect of our game, what Jobe is to our attacking side. He doesn't always stop his opponent getting abit of the ball, but he will always give his all, and put as much pressure as possible onto his opponent and opposition.

He drags the rest of the team along, and it's not really suprising over the years when he is out, our defensive side of the game drops off dramatically.

He was exceptional tonight in an attacking sense. And he was good last week too.

Definitely one of his best games for the club- did bomber actually say it was his best? ( or was that last week)?

The thing I love about it is for us to make the giant leap forward to become a premiership threat players like Heath need to improve to become tough match winners. He is part of our second string and if they can improve it could become a very special year.

Born to play finals football

Was probably BOG for us in our 2 finals defeats in 2009 and 2011. Was also BOG in our VFL final in 2007.

Best game I've seen from him.

Loved it when he cleaned up Simpson. Looked perfectly legit but who knows what the MRP will do as his shoulder may have glanced his head.

Not enough love for his game yesterday. Running through Simpson to deliver a hand pass for a goal was a highlight, so was the gather of the turnover on the F50 arc and the well weighted pass to Goddard in the first to set up a goal. What a great way to mark a personal milestone.    

Not enough love for his game yesterday. Running through Simpson to deliver a hand pass for a goal was a highlight, so was the gather of the turnover on the F50 arc and the well weighted pass to Goddard in the first to set up a goal. What a great way to mark a personal milestone.
The Age's player of the round poll has Hocking taking 30% of the votes. That's a pretty huge %age
Correction: It's up to 32%. Next highest is GAJ @ 17%

Did more than negate Mark Smurfy, he provided a lot of drive and linked up beautifully to become quite  a damaging player going the other way. 

I laffed when they were trying to draw the comparison between how the two were going at half-time.

So so often the C7 guys just refuse to see, or comment on what they do see, in front of them.

Yep.

I've seen him have many great shutdown games, and many great offensive games, but can't remember him having a game where the balance was so good.

Absolutely pansted Murphy, and spent the night showing him how it's done.  

The Age's player of the round poll has Hocking taking 30% of the votes. That's a pretty huge %age
Correction: It's up to 32%. Next highest is GAJ @ 17%

Actually l meant not enough for him … in this thread, but l expect that to change. 

Not sure if this gif has been done yet, but anyway 

BEAST  :D

T7NE9II.gif

Not sure if this gif has been done yet, but anyway 

BEAST  :D

T7NE9II.gif

Niiice...

Who's the Blue out the back flapping like a helpless bird? No idea that mob.