Rugby League 2017

The mighty Cowboys in another thriller. These Cowboys Broncos games are something else.

A just result in the end …

Shared a flight with him.
He’s better looking irl.
Oh, and Go Storm.

1 Like

Looking like a win for the Bunnies at Brookvale.

Manly got off to a quick 2-try start. Souths scored three n a row to lead 18-12 at the half.

Cherry-Evans got one back against the run of play and now Souths have scored 3 more. Reynolds back kicking 7 from 7 and Alex Johnson 2 tries replacing Greg Inglis at #1.

38-18 with 4 to play.

The Eels start 2-0 for the first time since 1999 and head to the Gold Coast on Friday night aiming to make it 3-0 for the first time since 1993. 4 Tries to the big Semi against the Dragons on the weekend

Is it just me it do other people think it odd that the Victorian government would pay the nrl seven figures (reportedly) to stage origin here? I get the desire to attract events but posting that much to attract one you can watch on free to air? Frankly the nrl should be considering doing it here anyway to promote their brand? Surely that money could be used better. Perhaps this should be in the politics thread

I don’t know how they work these things out, but 50,000 visitors spending $20 each to ‘make back’ the million seems like a doddle.

You are probably right. I guess my issue is that I see this as something the nrl would have a vested interest in doing anyway as opposed to say the f1 which will take its product anywhere.

I agree, but I don’t think it would be something Victoria could go hardball on.
Wouldn’t hurt the NRL too much to shrug and say, ‘Okay, two games in Brisbane then. And two games in Sydney next year.’

2 Likes

STORM

2 Likes

Seriously good effort from the Broncos last night. Their defensive efforts were something else. Storm the better team but took a lot for us to get the win. Great to see Billy running around again

1 Like

With the name Allblack, … and your unfettered support for the Team of self same moniker, … and a NZ “Warriors” team in the comp, … this is a real “Things that make you go Wut??” moment.

Not all Kiwis go for the Warriors, many stayed true to their original teams in the comp

I was the opposite. Went for the Warriors until the Storm came into the comp. I dont look at the Warriors as a national team. When international games are on, I am all about the Kiwis. Been with the Storm since day 1.

3 Likes

Storm just doing what they do every year. Lose some talent, replace them with a couple of journeymen and keep on being competitive. Flaming great to watch.

Wests sack Jason Taylor 3 rounds in

Sadly Brett Kimmorley’s wife Sharni has passed away today aged 38. Diagnosed with a brain tumour last June.

Storm way off early. Referees not helping

Storm came back to win 22-14 with 2 80 metre tries

Go Storm.