Nrl 2018

It was, but the way the rule is written, whenever you make contact with the opposition, you have to actively be trying to tackle, meaning your arms have to be up. I don’t want Slater rubbed out, and the intent of the rule was exactly what you thought, but, and it is a ■■■■■■ but, the rule is clear cut that using your shoulder to hit another player is illegal.

I think there’s a pic that shows him reaching for the ball.

Yup.

I suspect he was only charged to avoid the outcry of favouritism otherwise.

But that last picture would seem to indicate he should get off.

It is the same as the sliding rule in AFL. Poorly written and showed about as much foresight.

Jake Friend can play the GF despite a spear tackle and Slater gets suspended for a bump. Nothing to see there.

1 Like

Unbelievable hey. The rule should be for shirt fronts not side to side

The storm had a number of players down on Friday night. Chambers Poor, Suli Poor. Nelson coming off injury. Will be a better side this week if we can get Billy off. Otherwise Hughes in at FB

1 Like

Yeah, lived/worked in Sydney in 86 -87, and volunteered at an Aboriginal centre in Redfern. Already had an NRL interest due to living with a QLD er for a couple of years down home and watching the “NEC BIG GAME” with him every Sunday night, but had no team other than the Maroons in S of O, so was told I was a Souths supporter and presented a jumper by the crew at the centre early on in my time there.

Rabbits did quite well in 86, and it was all down hill from there until getting the boot. Went back up there twice for the protests when Denton led the charge etc. Still have the jumper, but the old rubber buttons are falling to pieces now.

And yes, Storm are my SECOND TEAM (come at me)

I’m almost exactly the same, except for the living in Queensland then Redfern and being presented with the jumpers and the protests and everything, but back when Rugby League was virtually unknown down here, two Sydney guys at our cricket club were keen Rabbitohs fans. And I grew to hate Manly, because all the knobheads in our Sydney office followed them, and to a man, their VFL team was fark Carlton…and you could see why turd clubs attract turd people.

And then when they got thrown out and a frigging New Zealand team brought in, that was one of the knobheadest things I’d ever heard of.

I always hated Fitzroy from a tacker so didn’t draw any parallels there. They just had to go.

Cronk likely to miss with shoulder injury

Would be pretty poor gf to have both Slater and Cronk missing

Colour me shocked! He was never going to go.

Charge was total BS.

:no_mouth:

They only just went in to deliberate!
Could be a while yet.

Looks like it will come down to whether the main impact was hip or shoulder/upper arm.

Hip is okay, apparently.

NOT GUILTY!!!

Big cheer in the Wim house.

2 Likes

The charge was BS but no other player in the comp would have got off. The Stars always get looked after

Good result - now get the job done Roosters!

Concur.
Lay down, you bastards.

1 Like

It’ll be a cracker Wim but I think Roosters by 7.

I’ll be more than happy to witness a procession.

Either way?