Jumper numbers for 2022

Few more draftees to add tonight but wanted to get this started!

My predictions

8: Ben Hobbs
11: Will Snelling
22: Sam Durham
26: Jake Kelly
28: 2nd Pick
29: 3rd Pick
36: 4th Pick

Keep in mind that none of this might mean anything:

Hobbs was wearing the #8 last night on his Essendon jumper. Which doesn’t seem like an accident.

Snelling was wearing the #11 during the last training session. Which would make sense for him to get such a high number upgrade.

Durham was wearing the #22 during the last training session. He also now has #22 in his instagram bio.

6 Likes

Will we hold off on 29 and 36 for the Davey boys next year?

8 Likes

I reckon the #8 to Hobbs is a definite (unless they just grabbed a leftover jumper from Gleeson’s locker). Snelling in #11 may not mean anything, but why would Durham randomly put 22 in his Instagram?

Kelly may not care what number he gets. He had #8 at Adelaide, which appears to be gone, so maybe #28?

1 Like

Was #36 Aaron Davey’s number at Melbourne?

If it was up to me, I would hold over #29 at least. Look how long they kept #31 vacant waiting for Fletch’s sons.

2 Likes

8: Ben Hobbs
11: Will Snelling
22: Sam Durham
26: Jake Kelly
28: 2nd Pick
29: Leave for Davey 1
36: Leave for Davey 2
37: Clarke or SSP Rookie
40: 3rd Pick
42: 4th Pick
44: Rookie Pick

3 Likes

It was.

Seems about right. Since Worsfold at least, we’ve let guys upgrade their numbers, then just handed them out in increasing order with each draft pick.

Heard he had a picture of Andrew Bomford on his wall when growing up so 28 makes sense.

8 Likes

Didn’t we all?

1 Like

I had one of Alec Epis, and then Peter Daniel.

Burnt it when Murphy got it.

1 Like

Mark Johnson circa 1999.

David Flood.

David Flood the backline.

They need two similar-looking numbers, remembering that one is right-footed and the other left-footed. Confuse the opposition.

3 Likes

So 29 and 92 it is then

2 Likes

We shouldn’t really forget Paul Weston.

And who could possibly forget Greg Bell and Greg Flanagan?

Or KAV!!!, Cory McGrath, Richard Cole.

1 Like

We must never speak of this person again.

1 Like

Too many players changing numbers. 42 is a fine number and suited Durham. I also loved Draper in 38, suited his unusual vibe and 2 (or any single digit number) doesn’t work for ruckman.

3 Likes

You’re mistaken. Justin Murphy never played for Essendon.

8 Likes