OFFICIAL Match day thread v Tarps

The plot thickens

Because they’re now not allowed to have a formal warmup, it’s harder to know who’s playing forward or back…

Port by 8 goals, standard Sunday against interstate opposition

1 Like

And I thought pre match warmups were banned

Essendon by 69… i.e. we’ve regressed from last year.

5 Likes

Very keen to see how we go today. Looks like Woosha has made the changes that most of us were keen on. I see it as at least some acknowledgement that what they tried to do over summer didn’t work. Hopefully we can recapture some of our 2017 form and get on the winners list.

Go Bombers!

1 Like

I reckon we’re gonna lose by 37 points, be 1-3 and this place is gonna FCKN EXPLODE this week.

1 Like

Bombers by 22. Daniher to kick 4, Stringer with 3.

1 Like

get the free two week trial of foxtel now and watch it in HD

1 Like

Baguley was having shots on goal in Round 1 pre-game so I wouldn’t read too much into it. In fact he was having torp shots from 50 which seemed like a waste to me.

Everyone is expecting a win because of last year when everything went right. I’d take a crappy 1 point win tbh, I reckon we’re gonna get flogged.

2 Likes

losing by 37 would meet expectations on form.

no exploding necessary. just footy depression setting in.

I think we’ll win in a tight game. We actually match up well against Port in most instances.

I need something to cheer me up. All of a sudden it’s wet and cold, footy has been sh*t this week and the world is a worse place when you’re losing. I know Essington will show up but man would I like something to cheer for.

1 Like

Reckon the only place we have them is up forward and in the ruck, and look what happened last week. If Bellchambers doesn’t win the ruck this week then JEEPERS

If our back 6 go in as named, I think it’s a pretty strong team.

I don’t think the result has anything to do with the team named, it’s all up stairs and if they can be bothered turning up today.

I reckon the boys will respond well today after last week’s showing.

Should be a fast, free flowing game as Port like to play similar to us…unaccountable, bruise free footy.

Good luck to Matt Guelfi in his debut.

1 Like

Train in was packed with Dons fans. Let’s make this efffffing LOUD.

1 Like

Got a Strange feeling in my guts… scratch that it was just a fart

I do have a good feeling that we will see a different Essendon today. I refuse to believe the players will serve up another game like last week

The coaches have backed them in. Time to show fight. Bring the pressure bombers

Our best players need to stand up today

4 Likes