Old people don't understand the Internet

I upgraded to Win10 a while ago, and it's virtually crippled the wifi. Where it worked previously, it does not work at all, and even when it does it's painfully slow. Tried absolutely everything short of buying a new laptop.

Other than that it’s alright.

Has to be drivers. Maybe look for the Windows 8 ones?

I upgraded to Win10 a while ago, and it's virtually crippled the wifi. Where it worked previously, it does not work at all, and even when it does it's painfully slow. Tried absolutely everything short of buying a new laptop.

Strange thing to be affected negatively. My wife’s laptop WiFi improved after we upgraded her to W10.

I upgraded to Win10 a while ago, and it’s virtually crippled the wifi. Where it worked previously, it does not work at all, and even when it does it’s painfully slow. Tried absolutely everything short of buying a new laptop.

Quoted Post

Get a VPN for anyone worried.

Who do you recommend?

we have netflix, Foxtel and Free to Air TV

my sister’s favorited show is Once Upon A Time - the newest season 4 is up to episode 18 and isn’t even shown on any of these medium’s in Australia

so she has no other choice but to download the episodes as they are realesed in the United States

If the networks here had it on TV she wouldn’t download it.

iiNet lost the case:

Thousands of Australians who illegally downloaded the Hollywood film Dallas Buyers Club will have their details handed to its creator, after Perth internet provider iiNet today lost its Federal Court battle to prevent the action.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/business/a/27003893/iinet-loses-piracy-battle/

i use this vpn https://payments.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/client-support/#signup

Quoted Post

i use this vpn https://payments.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/client-support/#signup

I just signed uo for them and they are great so far. Speed is excellent and seemless installation.

lol it gets even better. They will at some point end up blocking their own web server and not know why

If you’re worried about security;

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

So what you meant was I have had no problems with MY upgrade to Win 10 then..??

And you must also mean, that due to your own very limited good experience, everyone that says they have had issues, simpply must be lying about it too…??

Ok then.

Well I can’t speak for everyone can I?

If you’re that worried bring it over and i’ll do it for you.

No, but like everything in this world, there are times when things don’t work for everyone. People buy cars all the time, same model, same car dealership, same everything, one works, the other is a lemon. It happens.

Upgrading to W10 is not something that has too many issues for most people. There are those that have had problems, they tend to be the ones who comment online while the ones it works fine for don’t say much as they have nothing to complain abaout.

So i am telling you that in my experience I have had no issues worth writing about, in fact it has worked quite well, is stable and runs all programs smoothly.

I am not saying that some people don’t have issues, I am saying that just reading the internet is going to throw up all the problems people have had for whatever various reasons but that this is not necessarily going to give you the right information, just a biased viewpoint. So I offered my “limited” viewpoint: I have had no issues that would cause you concern about switching, in fact it works better for me than W7 or 8 ever did.

Uh huh.

Let me guess, you go on the interwebs and they tell you all these bad things and you think therefore it is correct?

I have W10 on two PC’s and one laptop and have had no problems, a faster speed and everything works fine.

So what you meant was I have had no problems with MY upgrade to Win 10 then…??

And you must also mean, that due to your own very limited good experience, everyone that says they have had issues, simpply must be lying about it too…??

Ok then.

Uh huh.

I use both VLC & MPC , but that's not why I need WMC.

WMC is by far the simplest, most reliable program for recording TV.

I have found a patch to get WMC working in windows 10 though. There’s more to this free upgrade to 10 than meets the eye too.

What more?
I haven’t upgraded because of all the problems I have heard about. However if they are all sorted I might upgrade.

There are no problems with a W10 upgrade.

I use both VLC & MPC , but that's not why I need WMC.

I have found a patch to get WMC working in windows 10 though. There’s more to this free upgrade to 10 than meets the eye too.

What more?
I haven’t upgraded because of all the problems I have heard about. However if they are all sorted I might upgrade.

I use both VLC & MPC , but that’s not why I need WMC.

If it's for networked media sharing. Emby or Plex are way better.

And for watching media, VLC.

media player classic blows vlc out of the water. vlc has been so ■■■■ the last 3 years.

If it's for networked media sharing. Emby or Plex are way better.

And for watching media, VLC.