Old people don't understand the Internet

I use internode. They are pretty good. It's the Telstra connection guy that was useless.

Rocks up in Spain clothes with what looked like a fake id. Works for about 1 minute says he has to go outside for a minute to check something. Wife rings me 2 hours later says he hasn’t come back. About another hour later he turns up and says he’s been up at the depot.

You really need to watch out for those Spanish workers masquerading as Telstra employees. Maybe he went off for a siesta?

¿Habla inglés?

Go tpg, never had any problems, 60 bucks/month unlimited

I am with FuzeNet (formerly Fuze Connect) as I have FTTH connection… I am getting 100GB on peak and 100GB offpeak for $35 a month. Downside is I am never getting the speed I am paying for. I use the speed test and I get 16mb download when I should be getting 25mb. I did look at Internode but their plans were more expensive and I never heard of Exetel and Clear Networks.

Thank god the NBN is coming out our way… Sooner it arrives, sooner I can give Fuzenet the flick.

I am with FuzeNet (formerly Fuze Connect) as I have FTTH connection.. I am getting 100GB on peak and 100GB offpeak for $35 a month. Downside is I am never getting the speed I am paying for. I use the speed test and I get 16mb download when I should be getting 25mb. I did look at Internode but their plans were more expensive and I never heard of Exetel and Clear Networks.

Thank god the NBN is coming out our way… Sooner it arrives, sooner I can give Fuzenet the flick.

Those two statements don’t add up.

I’m on Telstra cable - 500gb a month. Speed should be 100mbs, but closer to 60mbs.

Rang them on Sunday afternoon as was getting repeated drop-outs. Later that night I checked the back of modem and realised kids had moved it and the back connection was just a little lose. Technician rocked up at 12pm the next day . He did speed test and advised it ‘looked ok, but just in case’ he replaced my wall socket, gave me 2 new splitters and installed amplifier in my ceiling, all for free. Sped it up a little.

I am with FuzeNet (formerly Fuze Connect) as I have FTTH connection.. I am getting 100GB on peak and 100GB offpeak for $35 a month. Downside is I am never getting the speed I am paying for. I use the speed test and I get 16mb download when I should be getting 25mb. I did look at Internode but their plans were more expensive and I never heard of Exetel and Clear Networks.

Those two statements don’t add up.

We have FTTH with Open Networks… we are not with the NBN yet. When our estate was being built Telstra wanted all the customers to be locked in with them exclusively if they (Telstra) were to provide the fibre for the estate…

Gotcha.

Pre fitted FTTH within the estate, just waiting on the mainline fibre roll out to reach you.

So how would you come up with a fine structure? As random files are uploaded during a session and at different speeds etc, it would be difficult to determine how much was actually uploaded.

Why should my friend be fined for uploading only a few files and be fined the same amount as someone who uploaded a whole movie?

Work that one out you regulators.

No worries - they will get CAS to make the judgement. Those guys’ decisions are impeccable unimpeachable.

It would have got their quicker if not for that guy who used to be Communications Minister but has now gone on to prevaricate for higher things.

Remember when Foxtel tried to pre-empt Netflix’s arrival, get on the front foot and launch Presto for $25 p/mth. What a joke. Do not understand how we get gypped so much especially on Steam etc.

Win 10 free upgrade has been great. Micro updates keep improving experience.

If you setup your network and file sharing properly all your media should be visible for streaming on any DLNA enabled device , no 3rd party software required.

Unless it needs transcoding. That’s where universal media player is great.

true and agree, but I haven’t had a file in long time that needed transcoding.

Use TVersity for streaming media around your house. It is fkg awesome and cheap. Does transcoding, the lot.

universal media player does it for free…

Oh look, another politician who simply has no idea what the internet is used for with companies.

"[People] simply didn’t need the speeds that Labor was promising, but it was costing an absolute bomb.
"You will be able to watch five full-length movies in the same household if you all want to at the same time.
“Which is a lot of movies. That’s a lot of televisions.”

Australians do not need the super-fast internet speeds promised when Labor wanted to roll out the National Broadband Network, Liberal frontbencher Christopher Pyne says.

Oh look, another politician who simply has no idea what the internet is used for with companies.

"[People] simply didn’t need the speeds that Labor was promising, but it was costing an absolute bomb.
"You will be able to watch five full-length movies in the same household if you all want to at the same time.
“Which is a lot of movies. That’s a lot of televisions.”

Australians do not need the super-fast internet speeds promised when Labor wanted to roll out the National Broadband Network, Liberal frontbencher Christopher Pyne says.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-24/pyne-defends-coalitions-nbn-plans-after-afp-raids/7438732

The level of disconnection is positively frightening. The Libs should be steering as far away from talking about net speeds as they can. This is a throwback to the Howard days of telling people what they need rather than asking or investigating

On a mac, what program do you use to watch .mkv files?

Vlc media player?

Can you get that on Mac?

Vlc media player?

Can you get that on Mac?

ios and mac os and apple tv