Old sponsors , tv ads

that pic is a killer.... poor old bloke is gonna get steamrolled in 3 more frames lol and he looks so happy ahahha

I think Don Smallgoods was the short sponsor in 1993. I lived the old Nubrik jumpers, I have one at home from the early-90s which is unfortunately too small for me to wear, #8 on the back. I’d love to get my hands on an early-mid 80s Nubrik jumper…

I think Don Smallgoods is our most iconic sponsor.
Others?
Carlton - AVCO
Collingwood - Hard Yakka
Richmond - ESSO or Tetley
Melbourne - Mayne Nickless
Geelong - Ford
Hawthorn - HFC
North Melbourne - Courage Lager
Footscray - Eastcoast
St Kilda - Valentine
Fitzroy - QUIT
Swans - Just Jeans

Others?
Carlton - AVCO
Collingwood - Hard Yakka
Geelong - Ford
Hawthorn - HFC
Footscray - Eastcoast
St Kilda - Valentine
Fitzroy - QUIT
Swans - Just Jeans

footy seemed so real back then

Others?
Carlton - AVCO
Collingwood - Hard Yakka
Geelong - Ford
Hawthorn - HFC
Footscray - Eastcoast
St Kilda - Valentine
Fitzroy - QUIT
Swans - Just Jeans

Courage was a British brewery and really had a crack at the Aus beer market in the mid 70's. They latched onto North with either Courage Crest Lager or Courage Draught. I remember my old man bought a whole stack of slabs of Courage Draught when there was a serious CUB strike. It actually wasn't a bad drop and I think the pins were bigger than the CUB bottles. Courage got into heavy promotion and was the reason VB kicked off it's "hard earned thirst needs a big cold beer" campaign. The Courage lyric was "here's to Courage Draught drink it down drink it down".

Anyone remember the old speed kills ad? Think it had G'OD and Moorcroft running hard and used to get played at G on game day.

i vaugely remember some speed kills ads  , not that one tho ( beer has taken its toll on the braincell )  i have some old vhs tapes that i might be able to go through after xmas (they are buried deep in the scary spider ridden storage room that resembles the basement from evil dead )

just checked through youtube and couldnt find that ad in particular

next year i will be able to scan some of my old newspapers and footy cards and cutouts i kept mainly from  late 70s to around 87

anyone here old enough to remember The Truth  newspaper ? it finished in 95 tho back in the 80s it was a weekend sporting staple ( in my house )  for racing and footy

Loved The Truth newspaper. Think a sporting edition continued after for about 10 years.The Truth made mega dollars from clasifieds - especially sexually related services. 

I think Don Smallgoods is our most iconic sponsor.Others?Carlton - AVCOCollingwood - Hard YakkaRichmond - ESSO or TetleyMelbourne - Mayne NicklessGeelong - FordHawthorn - HFCNorth Melbourne - Courage LagerFootscray - EastcoastSt Kilda - ValentineFitzroy - QUITSwans - Just Jeans

Courage was a British brewery and really had a crack at the Aus beer market in the mid 70's. They latched onto North with either Courage Crest Lager or Courage Draught. I remember my old man bought a whole stack of slabs of Courage Draught when there was a serious CUB strike. It actually wasn't a bad drop and I think the pins were bigger than the CUB bottles. Courage got into heavy promotion and was the reason VB kicked off it's "hard earned thirst needs a big cold beer" campaign. The Courage lyric was "here's to Courage Draught drink it down drink it down".

Remember norf at Arden street with " north have courage" emblazoned everywhere

Anyone remember the old speed kills ad? Think it had G'OD and Moorcroft running hard and used to get played at G on game day.

I remember it. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it didn't have Moorcroft in it, and it had a commentator say "He's Running So Fast, He's Burnin The Grass"
Is that the one you mean? I might have it on a video somewhere

I think the "North have Courage" was all over the dressing gowns too now that you jog the memory. There was also a B grade Aussie cop show running at the time with a fat detective. Every episode I think finished with a shot of the fat bloke putting his feet up on the desk next to a six pack of Courage Crest. 

I think the "North have Courage" was all over the dressing gowns too now that you jog the memory. There was also a B grade Aussie cop show running at the time with a fat detective. Every episode I think finished with a shot of the fat bloke putting his feet up on the desk next to a six pack of Courage Crest. 

Lol ....Bluey!

I think the "North have Courage" was all over the dressing gowns too now that you jog the memory. There was also a B grade Aussie cop show running at the time with a fat detective. Every episode I think finished with a shot of the fat bloke putting his feet up on the desk next to a six pack of Courage Crest.

Lol ....Bluey!
He then had a second coming as Bargearse courtesy of the D Gen.

I think the "North have Courage" was all over the dressing gowns too now that you jog the memory. There was also a B grade Aussie cop show running at the time with a fat detective. Every episode I think finished with a shot of the fat bloke putting his feet up on the desk next to a six pack of Courage Crest.

Lol ....Bluey!
He then had a second coming as Bargearse courtesy of the D Gen.

He did too. I'd forgotten about that.

“I’ll have Horse number 7 with Black Bean sauce!”

Wasn’t the Bluey theme song where Channel 9 got the cricket “Bum bum bahm baahhhhhmmm” theme they’ve used for so long from??

Yep - Bluey's theme is indelibly Ch. 9 cricket.

All the old sponsor logos are on my website. www.footyjumpers.com

Click on the team, then Sponsor folder and you'll get all their logos from the front of the jumpers.

Here's ours:

Essendon-Sponsors.gif

footyjumpers.com

great website

footyjumpers.com

great website

thanks

footyjumpers.com
great website

Certainly is. I must admit I discovered footyjumpers.com before I discovered Blitz.

All the old sponsor logos are on my website. www.footyjumpers.com

Click on the team, then Sponsor folder and you'll get all their logos from the front of the jumpers.

Here's ours:

Essendon-Sponsors.gif

Hahah FUJITSU! They should just have a picture of Mark Taylor instead of the Fujitsu logo jhahahha