Ollie Wines

Covered under eye gouging. He can claim that pressure point bulldust all he wants, it was eye gouging in my books. But I did miss lying prick. So you are correct, only 90% accurate.

Why are non-essendon fans allowed to post in this section?

My mail is that he has re-signed already but Port didn’t want to overshadow the China fixture so have delayed any announcements.

3 Likes

LOL. Christ. Dont want to overshadow the game in china that has the almost universal scorn of AFL fans.

4 Likes

It may have but like it or not for a club that isn’t well off like Port this venture makes them a lot of money. Good luck on them for trying something different rather than continually go to the AFL with cap in hand

3 Likes

How does it make them a lot of money? Sponsors from China?
Isn’t it Gold Coast that get about $500k for “selling” their home game?

Everyone knows the AFLs plan for playing games overseas. It makes perfect business sense.

1. Play game in China in front of 3000 ex pats
  2. ummmm, something?
  3. Bigger bonuses
3 Likes

If I was an expat living across the road I wouldn’t go to it

6 Likes

Sponsorships and business dealings will net the club some decent money

1 Like

Because you’d be too busy with your baby formula import business

RACIST

8 Likes

looks like we cross him off the list

Star Power mid nearly certain to re-sign
Nick Bowen

STAR midfielder Ollie Wines is almost certain to re-sign with Port Adelaide and turn down the chance to return home to Victoria.

Wines, who is due to come out of contract at the end of 2018, has been on the wish list of most Victorian clubs, and especially BomberBlitz, as one of the competition’s most imposing inside midfielders.

Clubs including Essendon have made inquiries about Wines, but things have progressed no further than that given the strong sense in football circles he will recommit to Port.

The 190cm on-baller remains in positive talks with the Power, while his manager, Nick Gieschen of TLA Australia, met with the club last week.

Both parties are confident a deal can be done to keep the 23-year-old at Alberton, where he shapes as a potential successor to long-time captain Travis Boak.

Given Wines is happy at Port and is a key part of the club’s plans over coming seasons, it’s understood a new contract could be signed soon.

However, there remain a few details to tick off on, with the length of the deal one thing that is yet to be finalised.

Port took Wines with pick No.7 in the 2012 NAB AFL Draft.

The Echuca product has since played 116 games for the Power and finished second in the 2016 best and fairest count.

Wines is enjoying another stellar season in 2018.

After 10 rounds, he is Port’s leading possession-winner, averaging 26.4 disposals a game, while he also tops the club for clearances (6.9 a game, sixth in the AFL) and centre clearances (2.6, equal 11th).

2 Likes

Weren’t the Crows confident that Lever would stay last year?

I thought it was a given that he was leaving.

That’s what I thought. @aceman would know.

Just saying that clubs always seem to say that they are confident of their players re-signing.

Right up until they announce that they are leaving.

2 Likes

I hear his teammates don’t like him because he loves himself. You could say he’s big headed.

Hey guys, Wines family news… he is not going anywhere. End of story.

2 Likes

Damn. Perfect age to steal. Oh well, enjoy the tarps you big headed freak. Never wanted you anyway

3 Likes

maybe the year after…now that is a chance.

Yep. Oh well. They will feel the pinch with the likes of Mots and co with money