Online retail purchases

Couldn't find a thread about this, buuttt thought maybe we can have one about purchasing certain products online from certain vendors.

I can start as I am considering purchasing from Kogan.com. Has anybody used this before? And anyone have to exercise the warranty for the purchase?

Brother bought an S4 off Kogan last year, and no dramas in shipping or with the product not working.

What are you thinking of buying?

Brother bought an S4 off Kogan last year, and no dramas in shipping or with the product not working.

What are you thinking of buying?

IPhone 6 primarily but also looking at smaller items such as memory cards, styluses, etc.

What's the customer service like?

I can start as I am considering purchasing from Kogan.com. Has anybody used this before? And anyone have to exercise the warranty for the purchase?

A friend bought a laptop off them which developed issues whilst still under warranty. He sent it to them, they had a look and then sent it back saying that nothing was wrong. They told him to take a video of the problem occurring to which he responded that it happened often and they should just fix the damn thing.

After a few emails they offered to replace it or give him a store credit. He said no and so they gave him a full refund for the computer and the extended warranty.

So a good final outcome, but it took almost 2 months iirc to get it done.

Hope that helps.

Pretty good. I bought a DSLR cleaning kit earlier this year and was updated when payment was received, shipped and tracking number.

I would have no hesitation buying off Kogan, and was using it prior to getting my Nexus 5, to compare phone prices etc.

I can't comment on how good their service is, but they sell a lot of grey imports, which means cheaper prices, but is problematic if you want to claim a manufacturers warranty.

i still buy cds and records. WOW HD is pretty good value and dont ■■■■ up like jb hifi

I can't comment on how good their service is, but they sell a lot of grey imports, which means cheaper prices, but is problematic if you want to claim a manufacturers warranty.

This is what I guess I was alluding to. Say Apple warranty, can you still claim it directly in Australia or do you need to go to the Hongkong outlet ?

This is what I guess I was alluding to. Say Apple warranty, can you still claim it directly in Australia or do you need to go to the Hongkong outlet ?

I think that's the point. You can't claim warranties in Australia. My understanding, anyway.

I remember my folks ordered and got a TV through Kogan some years back. I warned them they were talking a risk. Lasted till about 5 minutes after the warranty expired.

I bought a TV with a Bomber logo, straight out of the box it had a line down the side of it, contacted Kogan who replaced without fuss.

Have to say the picture is pretty good for a cheap 32" TV.

I bought an Apple iPad from Kogan some time ago, much, much cheaper than elsewhere and it's been perfect, brand new, all good.

So many varying opinions haha 

im not sold on the idea of Kogan.

for electrical stuff, id use Appliances online, they deliver and remove the old ■■■■ stuff.

my next TV i will be buying from Costco of all places. they extend the warranty for the life of your costco membership, and you can buy some other disgusting crap when you are there. plus, you can wear youre worst tracksuit and look like a slob, just like if you were shopping from home.

I bought a Kogan TV. Had trouble with the mains switch on it and tried to return it. They farked me around for 3 months saying they had no record of sale even though I had the receipts. Bought it off them on ebay. They finally fixed it (not replaced it) and it's a crap TV. Picture average, sound farked. I'd also bought a sound system at the same time. Damn thing hasn't worked very well since I bought it. It was cheap but I get better sound from a $15 bassburger. Given up on em. They're probably ok if you buy a branded product and not their home brand ■■■■■.

Costco is an excellent call, as long as you’re happy to go with the models they have in stock. All good appliance brands though.

Costco is an excellent call, as long as you're happy to go with the models they have in stock. All good appliance brands though.

Do you have to buy a bulk lot of say three 50" LED TV's though?

For Camera gear, I use a combination of http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ (the shop) and http://www.shipito.com/ (mail forwarding). Have saved heaps on memory cards and lens filters. Even paying for the full premium 'Express Delivery' I still pay 50% or less than I would if I bought them here. (ie: 32gb CF memory card retail here $300, online $70+$20 shipping). Shipping took 5 days. I did however have my fowarding area furtherest away from New York, so the closer you get to the shop the better.

my favourite online stores

www.myfootyboots.com.au- running shoes/footy boots

www.wiggle.com.au - running / cycling/triathlon gear - pretty good turnaround

www.probikekit.com.au - cycling gear (UK)

www.theiconic.com.au - clothing site not too bad i got a $250 voucher from ING for switching banks.