Oops, maybe a $2 Million fine for "bringing the game into disrepute"?

Well he has probably got experience in the head part but not the footy ops part

Hilarious article on the Age site today. (Disclaimer: it’s by SWMNBN, which was not disclosed by the link I clicked on!)

Basically a huge sob story about what a bad year that poor, poor diddums Lethlean has had. Enthusiastically brandishes the worlds smallest violin about how UNFAIR it was that the pies and dogs forced him to go through an actual interview process for the jobs he wanted rather than just worshipfully anointing him. Sympathetically explains that of COURSE his interview presentation was shithouse, he expected the job was his by divine right so why would he bother putting in the effort? Ruthlessly condemns Fark Carlton for (gasp!) having internal politics of their own which led him to not getting the job there. Is shocked by the audacity of EFC actually treating him like any other candidate.

And in a world where every media person is contractually obliged to report on every detail of every fuckup Jake Stringer made in his private life, the champion of righteousness and respect for women in football manages to avoid talking at all about the impact Lethlean’s cheating had on his wife and kids.

And of COURSE SWMNBN came back from semi-retirement to write a puff piece about one of Gil’s mates. Gil has her dancing on his strings so obediently that Pinocchio would be impressed.

42 Likes

Well put.
Alarm bells are ringing with this one.

That’s ■■■■■■■ unbelievable. Even for her.

2 Likes

I read it differently ( posted in th retired thread) to the effect that being Gil’s mate could now be a handicap.

2 Likes

Yeah, but I think the article came off more as SWMNBN complaining about how being Gil’s mate could possibly be considered a handicap.

Welcome back to the fold lethlean

It’s an advertorial. Employ this guy and das Commissar will be very grateful.

1 Like

Well we could employ his mate if he’s willing to confess to the stitch up of Hird.

I read the article. It’s quite unbelievable.

It criticises the Carton president and said he lacks integrity for not appointing Lethlean, when in reality it’s just about the only decision he’s made that actually shows some integrity.

12 Likes

It was doomed when it was forced to the Carlton Board. Kate Jenkins, sexual discrimination Commissioner, is on the Board
Any decision involving Lethlean needs to be more than an operative decision.

Sounds like if she didn’t have it already,… the Hag just added “Complete Fcking Hypocrite” to her CV.

The nerve of the thing is amazing.

But Judd is also on the board so that balances things out on the integrity front

11 Likes

Reads as if he was sacked with the expectation/deal that he would be parachuted into a job anywhere, now that kind of didn’t work out.

4 Likes

Unlike Robson for whom Demetriou found a job

The other thing is she basically implies that Essendon (or others) should appoint Lethlean without going through a process, which was the exact same thing she slammed us for with Hird (even pre Saga, when he was the most respected man on earth). It’s unbelievable.

First article I’ve read of hers in probably three years or so (only because it was discussed in here, and only because it wasn’t really about Essendon).

See you in another three years, ya bag

11 Likes

What earthly reason is there to read The Age?
Honestly?

Sums up the hypocrisy of the rancid cow.

The AFL has a long history of planting its people in the clubs. Liz Lukin not least. GCS and Giants have little choice.

BA agree with your interpretation of the article - Think HM is adding mayo to a fairly factual and bland article by Caro standards - Caro’s article is actually implying that Lethlean is unsuitable for the footy Operation’s Manager at EFC