Open letter to the EFC

Just move to Victoria wob and I’ll buy you a beer.

4 Likes

I hope you also have an apology ready to go when the players get their panties in a knot over this wob

21 Likes

What?

sublime.

10/10

1 Like

WOB you need BOVRIL.

2 Likes

You da real MVP

can smithy do an addendum

I legitimately get a sense of dread at the thought of getting on the train in my red and black jacket amidst a sea of purple carrying their fkn novels to read during the game or just talking absolute pump about the Dockers. It fkn ■■■■■ me. And making those casually half polite small talk comments on the way there which are that much more cocksure on the way back after we inevitably capitulate and having to force a polite smile because I have NOTHING to be proud of (“oh but we won our last flag a mere 5 yrs after you guys came into the comp and haven’t looked like it since”) is just unbearable. They are a ■■■■■■■ loser club and the only thing wrong with that is that we are worse. There is nothing clinical about how we approach these games. I just can’t ■■■■■■■ be bothered anymore, I get zero out of going to a game. Every year I have to be talked into going and I’ve had enough, I’ll stay home, save my legs, turn on Foxtel (turn my phone off) and just strap in for the ride.

8 Likes

Hat’s off to you

The worst part of the routine Essendon losses over here are the condescending snippets of advice and feigned sympathy from the local supporters. I defy any of you to listen that crap for 20 odd years and not lose your effing minds. Just try to imagine what it’s like to be a WA supporter. I wouldn’t wish it on any of you.

6 Likes

1 Like

Cheapest and easiest option to see a win.

1 Like

Remember a preason game at the dome in 2015 we came back from behind to beat melbourne and nearly everyone was saying how good it was for the kids to experience a win like that as it’ll build their resolve enough to see us win a final?

■■■■■■ LOL.

Just had a quick look at a few things . We hold the record for the most losses in Western Australia outside of freo and wce with 28

Out of 37 times we’ve played here, we’ve won 9 times. Two of them came in one year. We’ve lost our last 7 in a row here

6 Likes

The FOMO aspect of ‘What if I don’t go, and we win’ must be the only motivation to keep rocking up.

I feel for ya WOB, it’s not like many of those losses were ‘honourable’ either.

On balance then, you’d reckon we’d be better off not going.

Save the club a shitload, give the players a weeks break, and avoid all the anger and disappointment.

I might be onto something here … :thinking:

3 Likes

I think it was @Mendozaaaa who mentioned that earlier. It’s not a bad idea.

1 Like

Think he’s referring to when X complained about the effort against Brisbane then the players got upset and asked for an apology from him.

3 Likes

Club should have compensated everyone who went up for the elimination final last year.

4 Likes

Hmm, I dunno, personally I reckon that particular one is on you.

I mean, if you didn’t see that result coming from a billion miles away…

1 Like