Open Training Dates for June 2014

June Training Dates

Essendon Football Club wishes to advise fans of the following training sessions open to the public throughout June.

Fans are welcome to attend and watch the team train during the 2014 season.

Please note these session times are subject to change at late notice.

The captain‘s run is the final training session before match day and may only run for 30-40 minutes.

Wednesday 4 June at 10.00am

Friday 6 June at 11.15am (captain‘s run)

Thursday 12 June at 10am

Saturday 14 June at 10am (captain‘s run)

Wednesday 18 June at 10am

Friday 20 June at 10am (captain‘s run)

Tuesday 24 June at 10am (Recovery skills)

Thursday 26 June at 10am (captain‘s run)

There will be limited autograph opportunities at these sessions.

Thanks Jackie. I plan to be there on Wednesday. Hopefully, I'll catch up with you.

Question: What's the best way to get out there as a tourist staying in the city with no car? I'll be spending a week in Melbourne this month and would love to go to a training session.

Ignore the bloke copulating with Tiff Cherry on the park bench.

taxi there is limited public transport in the area

Question: What's the best way to get out there as a tourist staying in the city with no car? I'll be spending a week in Melbourne this month and would love to go to a training session.

It is not well serviced by a train stop. What I would do if I were in the city and you want to go public transport not a cab, take the number 59 Airport West tram on Elizabeth street all the way to Airport West. Then take a 479 Bus from Airport West shopping centre, which stops right next to the ground. Bit of a haul but there ya go.

It is not well serviced by a train stop. What I would do if I were in the city and you want to go public transport not a cab, take the number 59 Airport West tram on Elizabeth street all the way to Airport West. Then take a 479 Bus from Airport West shopping centre, which stops right next to the ground. Bit of a haul but there ya go.

Thanks a lot! Hoping to get to the Wednesday 18th run.

479 bus also stops at Essendon station, if you want to do the double.

be warned though, 479 bus only runs 5 times a day! might be better off getting a bus to the corner of Mickleham Road and Melrose Drive and walking up from there.

The 477 runs every half hour from Essendon Station, or you can grab it from Airport West Shopping Centre. 

The 902 Smart Bus stops at that corner too, and you can get that from Airport West Shopping Centre or Broadmeadows Station - it leaves every 17 minutes or so.

You can look at the public transport on the following map: http://ptv.vic.gov.au/assets/Maps/Localities/PDFs/22_Hume_LAM.pdf (the HPC is on Melrose Drive, just under where you see "Tullamarine") 

DO NOT TAKE PUBLIC TRANSPORT! 

It is an absolute nightmare

be warned though, 479 bus only runs 5 times a day! might be better off getting a bus to the corner of Mickleham Road and Melrose Drive and walking up from there.

The 477 runs every half hour from Essendon Station, or you can grab it from Airport West Shopping Centre. 

The 902 Smart Bus stops at that corner too, and you can get that from Airport West Shopping Centre or Broadmeadows Station - it leaves every 17 minutes or so.

You can look at the public transport on the following map: http://ptv.vic.gov.au/assets/Maps/Localities/PDFs/22_Hume_LAM.pdf (the HPC is on Melrose Drive, just under where you see "Tullamarine") 

Thanks so much! Is it easier getting there from the city or somewhere like Brunswick West where I have friends?

Brunswick West is only about 15-20 minutes drive away (depending on the time of day).  Ask your friends to take you!!! Or grab a cab.  Much easier than mucking around with bus/tram, especially if you're not familiar with the area.

Brunswick West is only about 15-20 minutes drive away (depending on the time of day).  Ask your friends to take you!!! Or grab a cab.  Much easier than mucking around with bus/tram, especially if you're not familiar with the area.

Haha I'll see if they can take me or have a car I can borrow! Airport West Shopping Centre...is that the DFO? Because I've been there before and I wouldn't mind going there for some bargains.

no, is different - but DFO is on the way between Brunswick West and HPC, so you can still stop in!

Thanks Jackie. I plan to be there on Wednesday. Hopefully, I'll catch up with you.

Please do.