Open Training Dates

Essendon Football Club wishes to advise fans of the following training sessions open to the public throughout August.

Fans are welcome to attend and watch the team train during the 2014 season.

Please note these session times are subject to change at late notice.

The captain‘s run is the final training session before match day and may only run for 30-40 minutes.

Tuesday 5 August at 10.00am

Thursday 7 August at 9.45am (captain‘s run)

Wednesday 13 August at 10am

Friday 15 August at 9.45am

Wednesday 20 August at 10am

Friday 22 August at 9.45am

Wednesday 27 August at 10am

Friday 29 August at 9.45am

There will be limited autograph opportunities at these sessions.

VFL Matches Televised

Dunlop writing in the VFL thread points out that the next two VFL games v Williamstown at Craigeburn and Collingwood at Vic Park will be televised.

i still havent been down to the true value solar center. gotta make an effort to get down next month for training

Why do they have to have training sessions on the Tuesdays that I can't get to and not on Tuesdays I can get to! Boo! Love getting down to the training sessions. 

See you on Tuesday, Jackie?

See you on Tuesday, Jackie?

Hope to be there - come and say hello.

screw it, never been before so pending weather i might head down on tuesday too. 

Essendon Football Club wishes to advise fans of the following training sessions open to the public throughout August.

Fans are welcome to attend and watch the team train during the 2014 season.

Please note these session times are subject to change at late notice.

The captain‘s run is the final training session before match day and may only run for 30-40 minutes.

Tuesday 5 August at 10.00am

Thursday 7 August at 9.45am (captain‘s run)

Wednesday 13 August at 10am

Friday 15 August at 9.45am

Wednesday 20 August at 10am

Friday 22 August at 9.45am

Wednesday 27 August at 10am

Friday 29 August at 9.45am

There will be limited autograph opportunities at these sessions.

VFL Matches Televised

Dunlop writing in the VFL thread points out that the next two VFL games v Williamstown at Craigeburn and Collingwood at Vic Park will be televised.

BUMP to add November training dates.   So Hirdy keeps the open sessions.

Jackie - we are all expecting a report at 12:00pm sharp on Nov 7.

Essendon Football Club welcomes fans to its skills training session throughout the 2015 pre-season.

The following dates will be open to fans during November:

9.30am - Friday 7th November

9.30am – Friday 14th November

9.30am – Friday 21st November

10.30am – Friday 28th November

Please note there will be limited autograph opportunities following these sessions.

We apologies in advance for any late changes to the training schedule and will endeavor to inform fans of any changes as soon as possible.

All of the above sessions will be held at the True Value Solar Centre

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-11-03/november-training-dates

Noice. I might head down.

starting to close out fans again...

went from closed sessions all the time to all open come down anytime now back to limited open sessions

this is a step backwards

FWIW I am a hird fan but I do believe he isn't as open as bombers for these type of things, but if it wins us a flag I guess I don't care

You can go down tulla anytime, for efc shop, and then just stick around I think. this is just advertised for purpose sessions.

went from closed sessions all the time to all open come down anytime now back to limited open sessions

this is a step backwards

FWIW I am a hird fan but I do believe he isn't as open as bombers for these type of things, but if it wins us a flag I guess I don't care

A single session a week is fine. It gives fans the opportunity to see the players run around and especially relaxing during the pre-season when it's all about hope for next year it's fun and relaxing to go and watch.  And given the amazing fan support during the saga they need to keep us very much engaged.  But I appreciate the need to keep things "secret" and do things away from the public (as much as you can do in the open). 

this is a step backwards

A single session a week is fine. It gives fans the opportunity to see the players run around and especially relaxing during the pre-season when it's all about hope for next year it's fun and relaxing to go and watch.  And given the amazing fan support during the saga they need to keep us very much engaged.  But I appreciate the need to keep things "secret" and do things away from the public (as much as you can do in the open). 

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00XH6SI0BNY[/media]

this is a step backwards

Not a great start. If Hirdy thinks he needs to be secretive at this stage then pity help us for his attitude during the season.

If he sticks with Fridays then all fans will see during the season is an occasional "Captain's Run" which will be about a half hour session at most.

Get with it Hirdy! You can't hide a team strategy. All you can do is get the players playing it so well that the opposition can't counter it.

this is a step backwards

Not a great start. If Hirdy thinks he needs to be secretive at this stage then pity help us for his attitude during the season.

If he sticks with Fridays then all fans will see during the season is an occasional "Captain's Run" which will be about a half hour session at most.

Get with it Hirdy! You can't hide a team strategy. All you can do is get the players playing it so well that the opposition can't counter it.

To be fair, it is the first week back for most of the boys, and you can't judge what they will do during the 2015 season based on this 1 month schedule. It was similar at the start of this season, when we first moved into the TVSC. They will probably hold more sessions during December, with Christmas and the holidays etc. 

The only time I have ever been refused entry to watch a training session was back a few years ago when we were down at Victoria Park, and we were trialling Jetta at half back! Besides that, from all the training sessions I've attended this year, I've found the club to be accommodating, with all staff and players extremely warm and welcoming to all fans. I wouldn't get too upset based on this one month schedule. 

You didn’t see him in France this year.

You won’t see him at the HPC next year.

Are we back on the track today?

While Hirdy would have been consulted, I doubt the final decision was left up to him. The club knows it needs to engage with fans better, especially after the saga.

Im heading down tulla to catch a gander at my boy mckenna.

December dates from EFC site

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-11-26/december-training-dates

Essendon Football Club welcomes fans to its skills training session throughout the 2015 pre-season.

The following dates will be open to fans during December:

9.30am - Friday 5th December

9.30am – Friday 12th December

9.30am – Friday 19th December

9.00am – Tuesday 23rd December

Please note there will be limited autograph opportunities with jackie mihocek following these sessions.

We apologies in advance for any late changes to the training schedule and will endeavor to inform fans of any changes as soon as possible.

All of the above sessions will be held at the True Value Solar Centre.

Think I'll go out and have a look on Friday. Have the morning off.