Open Training Session-Monday 22nd Jan

manifestly wrong, C_H is a stringer truther

IT CERTAINLY DOES

81 Likes

Makes a change from shutting down Friday to Sunday during each season…

9 Likes

1 Like

The Player’s Association must have had some big wins in recent years. It feels as though the players have more and more time off each off season.

3 Likes

I also demand confirmation on the Caldwell status. I haven’t posted for a while so I thought I should at least come in with demands.

No mention of Wanganeen in the rehab or missing players either. I demand clarification!

2 Likes

I was just thinking the exact same thing, an amazing amount of holidays. The women get paid 52 weeks of the year for a 10 week season too.

How many holidays do they get?

Does the club shutting down Thursday to Sunday have anything to do with Friday being a public holiday, and odds are, some of the public holidays are missed throughout the year because of the season? So it’s basically an easy day to pick to catch up on a missed one.

Because I can’t imagine a proper training session can happen without all the peripheral staff, they aren’t covered by the AFLPA deal, and are still entitled to leave.

14 Likes

Hey mate, Caldwell looked to have trained fully. Had my young bloke with me, but every time I got to have a good look, Caldwell looked to have a solid session.

31 Likes

Thanks Matthew, much appreciated and I hope you and your young lad enjoyed the session.

4 Likes

I’m disappointed about the amount of reports coming out of this session although there seems to be lots of people there.

What’s happening???

Maybe you could threaten to take back the fees you paid to receive these reports - did you keep the receipt?

4 Likes

Hi All, I was there this morning with my boy and he wasn’t overly interested in letting me sit and watch the session properly so take from this what you will haha…

What I noticed, Jayden Davey, there was a scenario that looked like it was an opponent turnover at our half-forward, Jayden received the footy, delivered a pinpoint stab pass, then sprinted on to be an option for the next disposal, his hard work was honored, he received the handball and drove a kick to the hot spot in our forward 50, he was flawless. It was a small sample size of course, but his attack on the ball really stood out.

Nik Cox, I want so bad for the 2021 Nik Cox to re-emerge, but I don’t know what it is, it’s almost like he’s just going through the motions. As others have said, is he just laconic about the way he goes about it, or is he a victim of the injury then a lack of development curse, I don’t know what else to say, I’m really hoping it’s the former, but this is a massive year for him and I’m worried.

Caddy, what else can I say that hasn’t been said already, I’d be shocked if he isn’t in the round 1 team. Does not look like a rookie, mind you I didn’t see him against any veterans.

When the position groups split off, Martin was with the midfield, take from that what you will.

Seemed to be a lot of sore bodies from the match sim, no Draper, Ridley or Stringer which this close to the season is a worry, but hopefully it’s just management.

As it’s already been said, there’s a different feel around training sessions now, a lot of chatter, seems very organised, I feel like these open sessions are super light though, but it was good to see a level of professionalism that I hadn’t seen before.

Anyway, sorry for the half-baked report, but it wasn’t an overly notable session.

108 Likes

He already has…that croc hasn’t even left the water let along climbed on Laverde’s back…quite a pathetic effort really…delist!!!

2 Likes

Australia Day = BBQ = Beers = Hangover = 4 days off.

4 Likes

I’ve got very low hopes for Cox.
I reckon if he makes it it’s as a defender or some sort of second ruck. But he’s definitely not a wing imo.
I just don’t see how he makes it as a defender in our team. He’d be miles down the pecking order.
Very interesting year coming up for him

5 Likes

Sounds like a plan!

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I picked up last week. I feel that the current sessions make the 2023 preseason sessions look a bit amateurish. I sensed more structure and urgency - and noticably more coaches barking instructions. Have any of the players commented on this?

2 Likes

I think laverde didn’t train this morning cause he is still recovering from concussion after some bloke sat on his head Saturday morning

6 Likes