Operation Human Shiel

No to Setterfield.

1 Like

You MONSTER!!!

You hope we don’t pay overs because you know for sure he’s nominating us?

He went to Freo after Blight refused to select him for the 98 GF.

1 Like

WE ARE ESSSSSSENDON.

Germans call us Essennicht
Do Not Eat

Lucky we no longer have any players named after fruit or small goods then.

Just imagine the mind farks we would have if he was playing for us. Not least that he could crash the opposition’s computers in a lazy few minutes at half time.

1 Like

Who? Freddie Mercury?

The movie Bohemian Rhapsody starts in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

So, it’s the real Shiel.

Midfielder Dylan Shiel has today informed the club that he wishes to explore a potential move to the Essendon Football Club during the ongoing NAB AFL Trade Period.

Dylan has been a big part of this club for a number of years and we have been having mature and honest conversations, particularly considering he will enter Free Agency at the end of next year.

The GIANTS are prepared to discuss potential trade options with the Bombers that sees an appropriate return for the club.

Dylan is contracted to the GIANTS for the 2019 season and he will remain a GIANT should a suitable trade not be reached.

Get it done with pick 9 this afternoon and get him in for the marketing shoot!

He is ours, ours and ours - no one else gets a look.

1 Like

We are a destination club, no doubt!

Big things on the horizon.

2 Likes

Ho ho ho. Suck ■■■■ carlton.
Lid off

2 Likes

SOS and Judd fly him to Noosa in a private jet. FFS talk about misreading someone and a situation. It’s just so Carlton. He probably thought who do these bell ends think they are?What were they doing in Noosa? Holidaying? Couldn’t take the time to visit Western Sydney? too good for that? On the other hand a few senior EFC players host him at a St Kilda cafe and the coach flys to his home to meet with him personally. After all that’s who he’ll be potentially working with for the foreseeable future! I see this kind of ■■■■ all the time in my profession. Still amazes me.

Man I wish Setterfield nominated us too.

6 Likes

So the initial reports were that our offer was under $1mil a year (e.g. 900k) and the Hawks were even lower. While Carlton and St Kildas offers were close to $1.3Mil.
My question is, did we up the offer and how much did we up the offer. He cant be one of the highest paid in the club because this would be a big fu to the other players on the team.

I thought the final answer was that our offer was not as high as the rest, including Hawthorn? It seems that is what they are saying on Trade radio after talking to Conors.

1 Like

“no where near a million” according to SEN.

Someone has to be the highest paid. He’s played more finals than most if not all on the list and he’s one of the better players in the Comp. That’s life. The others will get their chance when FA comes their way. The fact he turned down more coin elsewhere won’t go unnoticed with his new team mates. Im sure the players want him there and I’m sure they know he won’t come cheap.

8 Likes

There are a lot of very ordinary players out there who have played more finals than most. if not all, on our list so I wouldn’t use that as justification for his salary.

I agree that you have to pay more to lure players over. But he is an above average mid and not one of “the better players” in the comp. We have atleast 3 mids in our side better than him and we aren’t even one of the best midfields. Lets not treat him like he’s the Messiah