Operation Human Shiel

That article should have been reserved for after the deal is done.

11 Likes

I would love for Hirdy to come back to the club this year as some type of mentoring role just as we are about to embark on a tilt at a flag.

He obviously has a wealth of knowledge and it looks like at least some of the industry has moved on and forgiven him.

If we won a flag with jimmy somehow involved the melts from opposition supporters would be almost as glorious as the flag!

23 Likes

Chris Judd WCE :2002–2007 134games.

2008–2015 Fark Carlton 145 games
2012 -2018 Dylan Shiel GWS 135 games.
FCFC:0 Games.
EFC ? games.

Not necessarily putting Sheil in Judds league9j, but they both had similar career moves.

Having said that Shiel does have Judd like characteristics. Be amazing if he had a similar impact to what Judd did at FCFC.

4 Likes

He does that with a few of the players already.

Edit: if Hird is going to come back in an official capacity to the club, i think it will be on the Board.

Which means the only people he needs to answer to, are the members.

7 Likes

Kyle Langford is one of those isn’t he?

3 Likes

I wonder what ‘off field opportunities’ are? Is it something that creates value down the track. After all He has forgone millions of dollars apparently.

Other possibility is that Judd was idolised for his on-field exploits, but served as more of a cautionary tale when considering how to choose a new club…

4 Likes

It might just mean, having chat about what his goals are after football. What does he want to do, and how can the club support his off field goals.

He is 23yo fwiw

1 Like

Colyer’s head on Mason Cox’s body. Haven’t we gone too near the cutting edge of science before?

2 Likes

Geez that Robbo goes on a bit doesn’t he. What an unnecessaryly long article.

All he need to say was ‘Eat ■■■■ Carlton, Hawthorn and St Kilda’

20 Likes

Must have been desperate times when he was appointed chief football writer.

1 Like

In his defence, it is kinda hard to sell Fark Carlton as a good chance for premiership success.

3 Likes

Just remembered this…

Jeeeeez.

9 Likes

I hope he doesn’t have that impact. The idiots traded pick 3, 21 AND Kennedy who is probably the second best forward in the league (behind Franklin) for him. Imagine trading a first and second round pick and Daniher for Danger. You’d die!!
It got WC a flag and sent the Blues even further south. Richmond offered a better deal but he chose Carlton; two of the players Richmond drafted were Cotchin and Rance, which got them a flag too. Hilarious.

8 Likes

Xavier is huge on life after footy with players. The work be and the team put into this is amazing. He would be finding out what Shiel’s goals are post footy and seeing what the club can do to help. Work experience in field of interest, getting him into a uni course, setting up meetings with people in field of interest.

7 Likes

Collingwood Geelong and Carlton believed that games are won in the midfield, so by their logic, get the best midfielders to win the flag. But poor team balance cost all 3 clubs this year. Collingwood might have been just one KPD off a flag, Geelongs midfield of the century are one way runners, and Carlton, well, Fark Carlton.

1 Like

I would go with this order.

High midfield / onball mins
Shiel
Myers (if playing)

Moderate
Heppel
Merrett
Parish
Langford
Smith
McGrath
Zaharakis

Pinch hit
Stringer
Fantasia
Walla

In that order.

1 Like

Run!
Get out while you still can!

1 Like

Redefined ruck play in 2018*. Did not jump for the ball most of the time, just stayed down and acted as an extra midfielder, blocked, tackled the opponent with the ball or sharked the hitout.
*might not be more than an emergency ploy.

3 Likes