Operation Human Shiel

Remember in negotiations that Pick 9 is not worthless. Preferred position is to get Shiel. but if that does fail,we can get a young midfielder at the draft and rely on organic growth of our young listed players to improve the midfield in 2019. In this draft a pick 9 mid might even play in round 1, as the top end picks are mainly KPPs .

3 Likes

Connors gets results

Shiel will be at Essendon

1 Like

Sorry but if this deal bombs it’s nothing short of a disaster. You can convince yourself otherwise all you like but not getting the deal done for an elite talent entering the peak of his career who’s knocked back 3 far more lucrative offers to come to our club would be an unmitigated ■■■■ up of epic proportions.
It would completely erode the confidence the playing/managing fraternity have built in us to actually get deals done and put the most influential player manager in the comp off side again. Good luck trying to attract the best talent to the club if that happened.

6 Likes

OK. OK, but it takes 2 to tango. If GWS change their mind, stonewall, and solve their TPP problems in other ways with other clubs, how can that be controlled by Dodoro? What if McCartney is the one who is “hard to deal with”? In the event that a club does not allow a contracted player to leave, what can the players chosen club do about it?

1 Like

Then you hand over your 2x 1st round picks, try and get something back and if not you be happy with getting an elite All Australian calibre midfielder to your club for 25% less than he would’ve been paid elsewhere. Failure kills our credibility. Failure is not an option on this one.

4 Likes

GWS need this deal to happen more than Essendon do.
We should all relax and be as cool as Fonzie.

2 Likes

McCartney has Minnow Derangement Syndrome he has spent the last 20 years of his life at Norf, Bullies and now the Giants

It’s just a slow news day, the Shiel deal will get done and he’ll be kicking 45-degree angle from the boundary bombs on ANZAC Day

1 Like

Tom Browne Reveals The Unlikely Ex-Bomber That Helped Get Dylan Shiel To Nominate Essendon

Hot Breakfast footy reporter Tom Browne has revealed that former Bomber Andrew Welsh was involved in behind the scenes work to get wantaway GWS midfielder Dylan Shiel to nominate Essendon.

Shiel is reportedly interested in entering the property sphere at the end of his footy career.

“Dylan wants to be a property developer, so Andrew came in and explained how he developed his business career during his time at Essendon,” Browne said.

“I think Dylan was pretty taken by that presentation and very impressed by Welshy.”

5 Likes

When did he become the Dogs list manager? Was it post 2016? If so, he’s masterminded the break-up of one of the youngest premiership sides in VFL/AFL history, and presided over the break-up of the Giants thanks to a mismanaged salary cap. LOL!

1 Like

To be fair, he only joined the Giants 12 months ago. If their salary cap problems are as bad as has been suggested he can’t be held responsible. Those decisions were all made before he got there and the ramifications are just being felt now.

I agree with McCartney the 2 page spread was completely ridiculous given it’s not a done deal. Robbo is a flog.

7 Likes

Interesting to learn property development from Welsh. Compare that with Browne, who learned how to be a wanker all by himself.

6 Likes

Nah, he learned that from Mark Stevens.

2 Likes

With a start from his old man though…it’s never what you know…

1 Like

So, wonder how Dodoro and McCartney went today? Surprised social media hasn’t made up some sh_t to whip desperates into a frenzy

1 Like

Just like to put this here again.

1 Like

The irony of this post is not lost on me.

6 Likes

Depends on what gws are asking though. If they are asking too much and we don’t except. So be it I’d rather take that pick to the draft, and use next year’s first on Martin.

It will get done. GWS, have to get players off there books. Pressure is on gws.

If we will not except a fair deal, then it is a disaster. Two first rounders with nothing coming back is too much.

Like speedy said, there is nothing to worry about the deal will get done

1 Like

I tend to avoid reading the drunken ramblings of the HS Chief Football writer and I suggest McCartney do the same.