Operation Human Shiel

But he is better than a combined Watts and Gumby.

Edit: sigh Seriously, screw new blitz.

1 Like

Seems that way, but I will give them credit for identifying a deficiency and filling it in one off season. They have a good inside group. Hall and Polec add some extra fun to Higgins.

1 Like

Magical fairy dust points calculator says three picks 18s are equal to one pick 2.

(Just in case you weren’t extracting the urine.)

Do GWS get any concession for losing Shiel?

No. Not a free agent. They get our pick(s) and salary cap relief.

Hawks just got given Scrimshaw. Swapping their future 3rd for GCs future 4th - might only be 4 or 5 places in that pick upgrade.

Edit: wrong thread

that would require some sort of MEGATRADE?

sign.me.up

That’s good Scrimshaw.

Also, Hawthorn be like…

1 Like

Let Shiel go to Hawthorn. Everyone else is.

To be fair, Polec will be a very good player if he gets his foot right. Hall will also be great if he starts doing defensive work. Tysons serviceable

Just say pass. I know the player and manager will get ■■■■■■. Problem is, we want to keep the managers happy.

Hypothetically I wonder what Shiel would be valued at if he nominated Hawks. I bet the media would have made a song and dance about only being worth a single first round pick.

3 Likes

straight swap for Ceglar

3 Likes

They were talking 1st round pick + Ceglar. Hawks mates of mine were spruicking this for weeks. Convinced he was going there. I don’t rate Ceglar that highly. He’s an adequate AFL ruckman, nothing more. In terms of draft pick value he’d be somewhere around 2nd-3rd round. So our offer of a 1st round pick, earlier than Hawthorn’s, plus a 2nd/3rd round pick, would be minimum on a par, if not superior, to what Hawthorn would’ve offered and I bet the deal probably would’ve been completed by now. But McCartney doesn’t want to be seen as Disco’s lap dog that will obey his every command…

Yep, most likely scenario. McCartney trying to make a statement in his first year - salary cap at GWS probably already a lot lighter without Shiel deal going through… Jackets going to earn his money trying to get this done.

Second rounder back for two firsts is likely.

Also, are there any books being run on the trades with Ladbrokes, Betfair etc?

This was literally NEVER going to get the deal done.

Why a steal by north for Aaron Hall!

Its relevent. The kid was a top 10 draft pick.
Hawks picking up bargains.
#freetradeHawks

Done literally nothing since being drafted and being offloaded cause his attitude stinks…

Code for “too many nose beers”

1 Like